The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m looking to build a b-bender tele similar to Clarance Whites 3 tone sunburst model. I’d like to purchase a nitro tele body and am going to install a Warmoth boatneck. Ive always liked fender American bodies, but does anyone have experience with MJT (light relic) guitar bodies or any fender tele nitro bodies that aren’t super relic’d looking? Ive owned a couple 50’s and 60’s reissue fender American bodies before and have had trouble with the neck sitting high out of the neck pocket (only 2mm, but it bugs me cuz I have to raise the saddles super high and replace stock saddle screws for higher ones). I want a nitro body but have had trouble using a Warmoth necks on some of the fender bodies for that reason. Does anyone have any experience with a project like this? I’d also like to know if I put a strat neck pickup in a tele body (like clarance white had) would I have to cut the pick guard bigger or rerout the neck pickup pocket? I already have a luthier to convert the body into the b bender. Thanks in advance

-Matt

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Hi I’m looking to build a b-bender tele similar to Clarance Whites 3 tone sunburst model. I’d like to purchase a nitro tele body and am going to install a Warmoth boatneck. Ive always liked fender American bodies, but does anyone have experience with MJT (light relic) guitar bodies or any fender tele nitro bodies that aren’t super relic’d looking? Ive owned a couple 50’s and 60’s reissue fender American bodies before and have had trouble with the neck sitting high out of the neck pocket (only 2mm, but it bugs me cuz I have to raise the saddles super high and replace stock saddle screws for higher ones). I want a nitro body but have had trouble using a Warmoth necks on some of the fender bodies for that reason. Does anyone have any experience with a project like this? I’d also like to know if I put a strat neck pickup in a tele body (like clarance white had) would I have to cut the pick guard bigger or rerout the neck pickup pocket? I already have a luthier to convert the body into the b bender. Thanks in advance

-Matt
I’ve had a couple of mjt bodies through the shop and I have no complaints.
Very nice work from them.

If you are sending the guitar to a luthier he can cut the neck pocket deeper, that’s not a big deal.

I actually prefer the action higher off the body & usually route my neck pockets a bit shallower.

A strat pickup won’t fit into a tele route (just a bit bigger) but most Teles are routed for a humbucker in the neck so you are prob fine.

Who’s doing the bender?

Nathan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts