The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yippeeeee. Bring it on Eric. :rockon2:

I'm looking forward to the show and somehow we lucked out with 4th row floor tickets. :rockon:

-Mark

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kirby323 said:
Yippeeeee. Bring it on Eric. :rockon2:

I'm looking forward to the show and somehow we lucked out with 4th row floor tickets. :rockon:

-Mark
Lucky indeed. I was on the Ticketbastard website 5 seconds after they went on sale and the best I could get was on the second tier. :mad:

Hopefully I will find some better seats somewhere.

Pete

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised with the concert. Clapton's playing was very tasteful, though I don't know why I was expecting anything else.

I was disappointed that he didn't play his Martin for the acoustic stuff. Layla was a little busy. Other than that it was good.

Oh yah, the sound was surprisingly good for the Saddledome. They were layed back on the volume which was nice.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I agree, the sound quality was great.

Clapton showed that he can still rock, Robert Cray is amazing.

But, I'm still disappointed that I didn't get so see Derek Trucks.

I'll go watch the Allmans 'Peakin at the Beacon' now. Man can he play.

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dwagar said:
I agree, the sound quality was great.

But, I'm still disappointed that I didn't get so see Derek Trucks.
Me too, but Doyle was pretty damn great doing them slide licks. It was an excellent show, and as good as any I've ever seen EC play (I've seen him 6 times now - 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's). We ended up with great floor seats which made all the difference too. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much up in the upper seats. I think you really got to see him up close to catch the "fire".

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts