The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have recent experience obtaining a free re-export permit from the Canadian Gov to sell a non-Brazilian rosewood guitar to a US buyer?

Appreciate hear how long it take to obtain the permit and the experience.

Thanks...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Yes, I was about to buy a Braz Board Vintage Junior a couple months back and spoke to the Gov Lady who is in charge of the permits. She does them once a week so turnaround is nothing at all. She had TONNES of valuable info and explained the whole process for Braz and Non Braz. If you're near the border, you or the buyer can drive it over the border personally as the owner and not need a Cities permit at all for non braz. If you ship, you need the export permit from Canada. Good Luck!

Reactions: jdto

·
Read Only
128 Posts
Yes, I was about to buy a Braz Board Vintage Junior a couple months back and spoke to the Gov Lady who is in charge of the permits. She does them once a week so turnaround is nothing at all. She had TONNES of valuable info and explained the whole process for Braz and Non Braz. If you're near the border, you or the buyer can drive it over the border personally as the owner and not need a Cities permit at all for non braz. If you ship, you need the export permit from Canada. Good Luck!
Do you happen to have her phone number? Is there one place in all of canada that these go to, or is there a place in every city?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Yamariv!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Yamariv!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Do you happen to have her phone number? Is there one place in all of canada that these go to, or is there a place in every city?
Sorry for taking so long to reply, haven't been on here for a bit. I can PM you her number if you still need it. There's only one place in Canada and her Office is in Gatineau, QC across the river from me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts