The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Cioks Adam Link power supply as I found it may be the only power supply I can fit under a pedaltrain nano+. I had a couple of important questions to ask Cioks so I accessed their "Contact Us" page. I found the only way that it would let me submit the form was to agree to their newsletter. This kind of pissed me off.
Just a minor rant.

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
I ordered a Cioks Adam Link power supply as I found it may be the only power supply I can fit under a pedaltrain nano+. I had a couple of important questions to ask Cioks so I accessed their "Contact Us" page. I found the only way that it would let me submit the form was to agree to their newsletter. This kind of pissed me off.
Just a minor rant.
All too common phenomenon. The good news is that such repeat communication from manufacturers is usually accompanied by an unsubscribe link. Still, a nuisance, but one that is escapable.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One thing I was concerned about with the cioks adam link as that I've been reading of people experiencing hum with their pedals. With a board as small as the nano+ there aren't a lot of options to move it away. I did plug in my ego compressor and tumnus deluxe and sat them right on top of the power supply and couldn't hear anything. I just picked up a Boss DM-2W so I'll have to try that as well. Hopefully I won't have any noise issues.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got the Adam mounted under my nano now and the pedals are mounted. None of this dreaded hum that I've read about, so all seems good. Was only going to put 4 pedals on this but the small pedals I'm using it looks like I have room for 5. Although I can only connect 4 to the Adam. Maybe I should have gotten the DC5.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
One thing I was concerned about with the cioks adam link as that I've been reading of people experiencing hum with their pedals. With a board as small as the nano+ there aren't a lot of options to move it away. I did plug in my ego compressor and tumnus deluxe and sat them right on top of the power supply and couldn't hear anything. I just picked up a Boss DM-2W so I'll have to try that as well. Hopefully I won't have any noise issues.
I've had the Schizophrenic Link on my board running 10ish pedals and perfectly quiet. I even have some daisy chained off the same power rail (watch out that you don't put too much draw on any rail - some of mine are just 100mA; use the higher current rails for daisy chains or high draw pedals); never any hum. All the rails are transformer isolated, so it's unlikely the hum is the Cioks' fault, barring damage to the unit. Going to have to suspect user error.

Before Strymon power supplies came out these were the best thing out there, and the link feature is great and still unique. Even if you don't need a second power supply, you can use it for another AC120 (for your amp head or an old AC pedal like the large 70s MXRs or an old Memory Man). You just need to get the right IEC adapter (buck or 2 on ebay; order it now cuz it'll take a month to get here from China).

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've had the Schizophrenic Link on my board running 10ish pedals and perfectly quiet. I even have some daisy chained off the same power rail (watch out that you don't put too much draw on any rail - some of mine are just 100mV; use the higher current rails for daisy chains or high draw pedals); never any hum. All the rails are transformer isolated, so it's unlikely the hum is the Cioks' fault, barring damage to the unit. Going to have to suspect user error.

Before Strymon power supplies came out these were the best thing out there, and the link feature is great and still unique. Even if you don't need a second power supply, you can use it for another AC120 (for your amp head or an old AC pedal like the large 70s MXRs or an old Memory Man. You just need to get the right IEC adapter (buck or 2 on ebay; order it now cuz it'll take a month to get here from China).
I've got no noise issues with the pedals I'm using. So just so I have this right, as my electrical knowledge is zero. I can use the split cable that came with my Adam link to power 2 of my pedals off of one output as long as I don't go over the mA draw? I thought 2 9 volt pedals from one output would split the voltage down to 4.5 or somethings.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Interesting. I was just looking at alternate Power supplies for my Nano+ board yesterday and found the CIOKS was a recommendation. Glad it worked out for you. Will have to check it out more thoroughly now.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
I've got no noise issues with the pedals I'm using. So just so I have this right, as my electrical knowledge is zero. I can use the split cable that came with my Adam link to power 2 of my pedals off of one output as long as I don't go over the mA draw? I thought 2 9 volt pedals from one output would split the voltage down to 4.5 or somethings.
Yes, you can do that. The voltage remains unchaged (just like a 1Spot - no matter how many pedals you run on one the V remains 9.x), all you need to do is worry about the mA (sorry for the confusion, I brain farted and wrote 'mV' in my previous post; edited to fix that now).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.