The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just hearing this, 90 years young. He was a pioneer.

Reactions: ZeroGravity

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
:(

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
They're all going. RIP Chuck. Rock and roll wouldn't have been the same without him.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Ya, I just heard it on the news. He was 90. God love him. What an entertainer!

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Damn.

For a long time my sig on guitar forums was a line from Bob Seger's Rock and Roll Never Forgets - "all of Chuck's children are out there playing his licks".

·
Premium Member
17,893 Posts
One of those guys who makes you realize what blues-rock can do. When someone learns guitar, they learn Chuck's licks. It's basically mandatory.

Rest in power.

Reactions: bolero

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
I know, there are stories of his difficult personality, but he was an artist and a living legend. Remember the effect the first time you heard Maybellene, Nadine, You Never Can Tell, No Particular Place To Go, Little Queenie, Johnny B. Goode, Brown Eyed Handsome Man? The man was a poet.

The man was a poet.

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
My Dad passed away in January and today myself, my Mum, and my brother did the family thing on what would have been his 83rd birthday, the first since he passed away.

Hearing that Chuck died made a sad day even sadder.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Just read this. He had a long career.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
HIs influence was massive and Rock and Roll wouldn't have been the same without him. As John Lennon once said, "If you had to give Rock and Roll another name you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." Even though he lived to 90 it's still a sad day. R.I.P. Mr. Berry.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts