The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
When I was in Grade 9 I purchased my first disc-man starting to transition away from cassette tapes. It took me another 2 weeks to save up enough money to purchase my first CD, Superunknown. I listened to that album every day for months, the first song I ever learned on the guitar was spoonman.

True rock royalty, a legend.

RIP Chris.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I just saw this.

He had "that sound" that I always wished I could get with my voice.
My heart goes out to his family & fans worldwide. RIP Chris.

Sent from my other brain.

·
Premium Member
11,061 Posts
Wow, just wow.

You know you're a certain age when the new bands are now old bands and someone dies and you come to realize just how frail life can be.

R.I.P.

·
Premium Member
12,184 Posts
Very sad. My favorite current rock singer, and had been for about a decade now. I will miss him.

RIP Chris.

Reactions: gtrguy

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
This is a gut punch for sure. Way too soon. :(

Reactions: cheezyridr

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was at their Canada Day show at the Molson Ampitheatre in TO (first show of their reunion), and it was glorious.
One of my favorite vocalists, truly a unique voice ...ever see a (good) soundgarden tribute band? Nope, no one sounds like Chris Cornell

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Superunknown was one of my first CDs and is one I had to replace after a few years (little brothers and their careless ways ruined it!). I saw Cornell's solo acoustic show last summer and he was fantastic, as always. So sad I won't ever get to see him perform again. :(

Apparently the last song of the set last night including lyrics from Led Zep's "In My Time of Dying".

So sad.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts