The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Alex here.

I just want to ask for your opinion.

I need to choose an amp. I want some small, for practice. For gigging I use a JC120. This tells you the kind of sound I like.

For me the amp should be very clean. Let's say kind of jazzy tone.

However, I like to use some distortions eventually. JC120 takes pedals very well.

Using Amplitube emulating VOX copper I've got a very nice sound and takes pedals very good. Some like Boss SuperMetal, etc.

So I borrow a VOX pathfinder 10 (the best I can find around analog and VOX) In order to emulate more or less the idea. Works, it is not the same of course, but works.

However, this amp is too small. I couldn't find anything in the range of 20W-30W like this. All are modelling amps and aren't good with pedals.

What are your suggestion?

Best Regards
Alex

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got a Boss Katana 50 that I use for practicing quietly. It has quite a few options to play around with for volume and wattage settings. It has a very nice clean channel/model that I find is very Fender-ish in sound. I can't say I've tried it with pedals as I have not really found a need with all the built in effects it comes with. For practice purposes I don't find it too inconvenient to have to physically roll a dial to whichever effect I use (although I could see that as really impractical if you wanted to use this for anything outside of practicing).

Might be worth checking out. There are tons of review on youtube as well. I like it for what it is, although I definitely would not use it for anything outside of practicing.

Happy hunting!

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
How is the pathfinder too small?
They do or did make a 15w.

I use a marshall MG15 sometimes and garageband at others. I also use my pedalboard with either option when i bring it home. No issues :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts