The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20180404_220938.jpg
IMG_20180404_221048.jpg

L to R; T to B: Cerwin Vega ER-124 (I have a second one to pair with it); Yamaha JA-3052B (Yamahas take on a JBL); Celestion G12L-35, Marsland GB1275 (I have a second one in a DIY 1x12 transmission line cab, my fave guitar 12, this is my spare), Weber Gray Wolf (have a 2nd one). Still gotta clean some of those up.

Also have a pair each of Weber Neomag 12 (JBL clones - sound the same with half the weight; highly recommended if you want that sound) and Faital 12PR300 (best bass 12 IMHO; balances v nicely with the JBL/webers for guitar; I did have proper JBLs in there before) in a Riviera [sic] tall style/slant 4x12 I use for guitar and bass. Wasn’t gonna pull them for the pic. Actually considering subbing in the C-Vs for the Neomags even though they’re heavier (and then selling off the Neomags, because they worth too much to sit around doing nothing).

Not a 12, but along with those Gray Wolves I also got a Weber 10UFH - hear that here (scroll down to post #126).

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I just ordered a pair of speakers, not ones I have a current use for, but because I always wanted them, I think I will use them in the future and they are getting hard to find.

When did you know you had a problem?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When the Weber order came I knew I was being an idiot. I just ordered them cuz of the sale ( member here, stupid good prices), and because I love my Neomags.... but at least the 10" has turned out to be a fateful impulse buy; loving it ( hopefully it does not develop into a vintage Fane infatuation, cuz those be pricey especially this side o the pond).

I've been chasing a pair of those C-Ws and Yammies for ever. I should not have
bothered with the Celestion, but it was cheap and I don't have anymore throwaway 12s ( like if I know I'm gonna be diming an amp and letting others use the rig at a show or something) cause I've already launched those cones.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main advantage is weight savings. That's the only advantage unless you run them close to the limits of their power handling when ( like alnico) there are some compression effects.

Remember, no signal actually passes through the magnet so it cannot affect tone directly.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Why don't they make 25W Neos? Not worth it?

Those old low watt guitar speakers are really light, it was the cabinets that were heavy.

Lightweight cabinets, that's what I've been thinking about.

The limit is, you should be able to sit on a guitar cabinet.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
LOL that is a wolf image on the Weber?

I thought someone had partially torn off the speaker label.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 189689 View attachment 189697

L to R; T to B: Cerwin Vega ER-124 (I have a second one to pair with it); Yamaha JA-3052B (Yamahas take on a JBL); Celestion G12L-35, Marsland GB1275 (I have a second one in a DIY 1x12 transmission line cab, my fave guitar 12, this is my spare), Weber Gray Wolf (have a 2nd one). Still gotta clean some of those up.

Also have a pair each of Weber Neomag 12 (JBL clones - sound the same with half the weight; highly recommended if you want that sound) and Faital 12PR300 (best bass 12 IMHO; balances v nicely with the JBL/webers for guitar; I did have proper JBLs in there before) in a Riviera [sic] tall style/slant 4x12 I use for guitar and bass. Wasn’t gonna pull them for the pic. Actually considering subbing in the C-Vs for the Neomags even though they’re heavier (and then selling off the Neomags, because they worth too much to sit around doing nothing).

Not a 12, but along with those Gray Wolves I also got a Weber 10UFH - hear that here (scroll down to post #126).
Hello ! Im a new member and just noticed this old post ! Im wondering if you still have the CV's ? WOuld you sell (if they are in good working order)...Thank You !

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello ! Im a new member and just noticed this old post ! Im wondering if you still have the CV's ? WOuld you sell (if they are in good working order)...Thank You !
I do still have them and they are good. Haven't had the chance to try them in my 4x12 (with a pair of Faitals) so not sure if I wanna sell, but I have so many 12s around I should probably get rid of some of them. Iwould def want to try them out for a couple jams myself first though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts