The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Guncho, Greco and other Yamaha lovers, including me. (Even though, I don't own one..........yet).

Reactions: greco

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
???
Yamaha Lx-6/16 series are made in China (Lx-26/36 and so on are made in Japan).
Eastman are all made in China.

Some years ago, my former luthier told me (he had travelled and worked a while in Asia) :
"Chinese have learned to make good guitars and they are coming"
I believe they are now in !

·
Registered
856 Posts
If you haven't, check out Tanglewood guitars. Would always prefer to buy local or at least Cdn, or N Am made, but a solid honduran mahogany with spruce top 12 string and hardcase for 800 bucks brand new? The sustain is almost unbelievable and has a rich tone. Like it so much I bought a lam. mahogany cutaway dread for fingerpicking/travel that plays beautifully...300 brand new.

Re: my other thread about a possible 2400.00 gibson? Well if tanglewood made what I'm looking for it'd likely play and sound at the Least; very close and be well under a thousand. ^^^I'd say they're here as well.

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
Thank You for posting the video.

The attention to detail and the amount of hand work is impressive.

Was anyone else surprised that the employees did not *appear* to be
using ear protection?

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
The quality of even budget production line stuff is pretty impressive. I only own one made in China guitar right now, a gretsch Electromatic pro jet. I bought it used, but even at new prices the quality vs. price is crazy. I have owned a ton of Teles and my favourite one was one of the Squier Classic Vibe Customs. I just started buying guitars based on how they feel and sound a long time ago.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why are they wearing surgical masks? These masks do not keep out wood particles or dust.
No, but they're much cheaper than proper respirators and help keep the costs down on your guitar.

Plus, they will keep out of some of the larger particles, such as medium sized chips & flying chunks.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
It was noted in a comment that there doesn't appear to be any ear protection being used. I wonder if they've changed that condition as the video is a bit dated at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts