The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Try this again!

Use Imgur, it’s easy.
1. Upload photo from your device into Imgur account,
2. Copy link in Imgur (on smartphone, place finger on screen when picture is showing and leave it until options appear)
3. Paste link into appropriate location in your GC thread
4. Post thread/comment

·
Registered
18,597 Posts
$175,000.00 but he's willing to take offers.:)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I find that unlikely. When has BG ever played a guitar with scalloped frets, and no tone knob?
He’s been known to run lots of guitars with just a bridge pickup and a volume pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I find that unlikely. When has BG ever played a guitar with scalloped frets, and no tone knob?
And I don’t think the fretboard is scalloped....if you look real close,it looks like the paint on the fretboard runs right up onto the frets,with just the playing surface cleaned of paint.
Gibbons also had a couple white custom explorers in the 80’s...One with a single humbucker and white painted fretboard,and the other was the one covered in white fake fur....remember that one from the video where he spins it around on the strap pin that’s cantered in the back of the guitar?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts

Reactions: mrfiftyfour

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Before assuming things you should check the facts first. I have seen that guitar several times and being a bit of a PRS fan boy I can tell you that was indeed a one of a kind made for Billy Gibbons. Billy has had thousands of guitars over the years and a lot of them one of a kind custom builds. He's got worse GAS than any of use, rumor has it Mr. Gibbons may even have an original Gibson Moderne in his collection, but that's a whole other can of worms!

LMGTFY

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.