The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Guitar players are resistant to change. I think its a nice system and the fact that you no longer need a headstock makes it even better...........

I

·
0 Posts
I would have given it two thumbs up if it wasn't for the constant reminder that it uses "specially designed strings". Nothing like being in the middle of nowhere and running out of "specially designed strings" only to find out what they meant was their specially designed to empty your wallet when you need them most and have to get them shipped in via overnight courier!

And that headstock design looks familiar. Like MJ Guitar's design.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Does "Specially designed" mean they put the ball on the other end of the string? :confused-smiley-010

·
Premium Member
16,569 Posts
The special strings requirement pretty much doomed these guitars to failure.

It's the only reason I didn't give them a second glance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
$10.95 per string set direct from floyd rose.

musician's friend sells the guitars, but not the strings. not a very good friend at all...

·
Premium Member
16,569 Posts
$10.95 per string set direct from floyd rose.

musician's friend sells the guitars, but not the strings. not a very good friend at all...
It's not the price of the strings (although that IS pretty high) but the hassle of getting them and the risk of running out.

I've always stuck with strings that virtually EVERY shop sold. When you're in La Ronge Sask, or Thompson, Manatoba you don't want to run out of fresh strings.

And what about ten years from now?
:rockon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts