The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a Chapman ML3 Pro Traditional a few weeks back. Have wanted a Chapman and T style guitar for quite a while so was really pleased to see what Chapman was offering as part of the 2017 line.

Not the easiest guitars to find in Canada, was wondering how many others out there have one, and do you still love it? I haven't touched any other guitar since I got the ML3.

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
I don't have one. I'd definitely try one though.

What makes them unique? Since he's not actually building them, it comes down to specs and features, right?

What other guitars do you have that got pushed to the side?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was looking for a T style guitar but couldn't find one that had the features I wanted. For me the ML3 finally hit enough of the key points to trigger my interest.

The ML3 pro traditional is swamp ash, with a nice carved top and no pick guard. Has a wider neck than standard tele, comes with Hipshot locking tuners, 22 jumbo stainless steel frets, and luminescent side dots on the fret board. All things I really wanted, many of which not available on teles.

Only downside was the stock single coils which was easy to fix. Dropped in a SD lil 59 in the bridge and hot rails in the neck for a little more omph

I have a few other guitars kicking around....Charvel San Dimas, Ibanez RG 420, Ibanez PGM-80P, Kramer 84, ESP/LTD GL-256, EVH stripey......but so digging the tele style chapman

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cosmo was where I ordered it from

They also did a good job with the setup before it went out. Was gonna go demo it before buying but just easier to have it shipped.

I am very pleased with the guitar...good quality out of the box

·
Premium Member
8,816 Posts
Cosmo Music carries them, and they'll ship. They seem like a pretty good buy for the features they have. I've never tried one in person - how do you find the quality?

Electric Guitars - Right Handed - Electric Guitars - Guitars & Amps | Cosmo Music
It looks like they don't keep them in stock. Had I seen one there, I would definitely have tried one. I'm there often (was there yesterday, actually - that means I'm famous). Maybe I need to look closer.

I did see those victory amps he always plays though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They actually have around 7 or 8 Chapman's in stock. I was there just recently as well after I ordered my ML3. There are several of the ML3 standard series (Indonesian made) which retail at $539.99. One hell of a bargain compared to a Mexican made tele at $799.

Hands down I prefer the Chapman, although the standard series isn't the same spec wise as my Pro Traditional. I was looking for a cheaper option and to leave it stock. But for the price difference I could easily add locking tuners and some Tusq string trees and string saver saddles to the Chapman and have a great guitar for less than the stock Mexican tele.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Made in Korea

1 - 20 of 28 Posts