The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Anyone know where there is a DIY to change the LED on boss pedals?

or even a DIY guide to mod pedals for high cut etc
Is the LED blown? Usually it's just an indicator. Something else may be wrong in the pedal and is not toggling the LED.

Normally the LED lasts forever. If its blown you may have to find out what blew it out.

:food-smiley-004:

I

·
0 Posts
Anyone know where there is a DIY to change the LED on boss pedals?

or even a DIY guide to mod pedals for high cut etc
Check Brian Wampler's IndyGuitarist.com site. I'm sure there's a high cut mod for delays in there. As for the LED: not too hard really. Desolder the LED that's in there now. Drop in your new one and you're done. Pay attention to the polarity on the LED. Otherwise there's not really anything else to explain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the LED blown? Usually it's just an indicator. Something else may be wrong in the pedal and is not toggling the LED.

Normally the LED lasts forever. If its blown you may have to find out what blew it out.

:food-smiley-004:
no not blown.. sorry i should of specified.. i just want it to have a blue one just cause the ones i have have blue LED's.. haha call it cheesy :banana:... but if it was easy enough i'd just do it on a day i had nothing better to do

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian Wampler's IndyGuitarist.com site charges for a book. hehe it's 14.95 to even download it.. i dun think i need this for more then one mod.. blah... no one wants to share their knowledge for free anymore haha

I

·
0 Posts
Brian Wampler's IndyGuitarist.com site charges for a book. hehe it's 14.95 to even download it.. i dun think i need this for more then one mod.. blah... no one wants to share their knowledge for free anymore haha
Absolutes are always inaccurate. I told you how to mod your LED for free.

His book is worth the $14.95 he charges.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutes are always inaccurate. I told you how to mod your LED for free.

His book is worth the $14.95 he charges.
haha i know u told me for free and thank you ; >

i was just kidding around .. i'll probably get it from >Pedal Mods

they send u instructions and the parts to do it ; >

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Boss mounts the led on it's own mini circuit board. You'll need a philips screwdriver, and the leds are the smaller ones, can't remember the sizes, I think the large ones are 5mm and the small ones 3mm. Observe polarity and desolder, using a desolder tool or dry wick and then mount the new one. Don't lose the little plastic legs they set the height of the led.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts