The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you go about buying a case?

I bought a bass today without one. I’ve only bought a guitar without a case once before, and it was pretty awful finding one that fit the odd body shape.

I know what type I would like to find for the bass, but I have no idea if they are still made or who made it.

Is there a case museum like this one for microphones?

Table of Contents

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Pretty hard to go wrong with SKB as an aftermarket case. The other various generic type cases are hit and miss for quality of parts and build. Depends how much your new bass is worth to you.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,414 Posts
The Yorkville cases that L&M sells aren’t too bad. I got a cheap
Yorkville LP case that is no worse than the Gibson case that came with the LPJ that I got awhile back.

I asked Calton if they’d make me a dread case with a Texas flag on it but they refused because apparently Willie Nelson has one like that from them. After that I went into clinical depression and don’t really care about guitar cases like I used to ... lol

G

·
Ask your local guitar shops if they have any used cases in the back?
I got a Fender bass case for $70 and a 90's Gibson LP case for $50 (missing the handle) that way.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
My buddy rocks a mono case with his prs. Says he loves it and it's well protected.
Yea, I think it may be time. Just getting in tonight with gear in hand and as convenient as the cheap Fender backpack cases are they probably don’t over much protection if something was to actually happen.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Godin's gig bags are very nice and it looks like L& M carries them. If you want to have a look at mine let me know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
Another +1 for the Yorkville cases -- decent quality and bang for the $. Shipping cases is costly, so just hit up your local L&M!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts