The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Carr Rambler Vs Early Victoria Bassman

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cboutilier 
#1 ·
I know these are two different beasts & this is a very loaded question. Hear me out....

I have 3 guitars I play live, 69 thin line original, vintage 69 Sg special & Jason smith masterbuilt 59 start. Live board is guitar — fuzz— valvulator—- bi comp AM— Timmy—eradicator —- what ever fx

Currently running stero Victoria bassman dry Allen (built by Allen) Accomplice Jr. I have someone who wants to trade their rambler for my bassman. I am a session artist. Ranging from Jazz - heavy rock. I like running two amps. Not sure if I’d be better off going with the Carr vs the Victoria. Looking for playability, tone, reliability and versatility. I feel with the Allen the tweed is a nice mix, want your opinions on the Carr Rambler vs the Victoria

#2 · (Edited)
I don't imagine there'd be much of a "mix" if you run an Accomplice & Rambler together in stereo. They're both terrific BF-style amps, better than the originals they're based on in fact, but they'd be very similar sounding IMO. While the Raw adjustment on the Accomplice does add something new to the BF sound, it's still essentially a BF amp. That arrangement is perfectly fine if you're ok with the same basic sound from each amp...and want it in stereo. My 2 cents.

#3 ·
I don't imagine there'd be much of a "mix" if you run an Accomplice & Rambler together in stereo. Their both terrific BF-style amps, better than the originals they're based on in fact, but they'd be very similar sounding IMO. While the Raw adjustment on the Accomplice does add something new to the BF sound, it's still essentially a BF amp. That's arrangement is perfectly fine if you're ok with the same basic sound from each amp...and want it in stereo. My 2 cents.
If I was going to switch out the tweed amp in a a BF/Tweed stereo combo, I think I'd be looking at something brownie or Voxish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.