The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I've got a CCII that I really like, but I haven't been able to get a decent sound from the Octave pedal, other than a pretty sharp distortion/fuzz. How do you get a good octave effect with that sustaining octave note/ Anybody had any experience with this effect? It's basically an Octavia circuit. I've tried single coils and HBs into clean and dirty channels and can't seem to get a sound I like, usually it's a discordant note or, on the lower strings a ring modulated type of sound. Any advice?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi, I have no experience with the Coconut but I do have an Octavia. It works better when it is the first effect in your signal chain and when using the neck pick up. I usually set the Intensity to minimum; this is not a subtle effect, though.

Check this thread at Metro http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?t=8822 and listen to carlygtr56 demo to get an idea of what it should sounds like.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got to try it: neck Pup, tone rolled off, volume maxed, effect gain at unity, intensity off, into my OR 80 =YUCCH!

same settings into the OD channel of my Studiotone (set to light crunch) = YESSSSS! Thanks for the help :food-smiley-004:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts