The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m in Cape Breton for two weeks for vacation . I went for an walk around the old neighbourhood here’s the old street we use to live on .the old house was torn down years ago to make way for the new one
the White House was a family friend . We always called her “nanny duck” I can’t remember her real name . She passed about three years ago. Mom said she laughed so hard when we chucked all our cloths out the windows.
look it’s MacDonalds . They finally tore it down .
the old church my grandmother use to dance at wile he friend Brenda would play her guitar .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,604 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

Hope you have lots of fun on your vacation.

Try not to eat too much of that wonderful, home-cooked food...LOL

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the old military station
n
I can’t believe some one lives here.
its bigger than our little rink back home
the old theatre is 90 years old

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is a school made after this guy. He got the Victoria cross.
the marconi museum closed so the got donated to the town hall museum lol.the were offered 1917 ladder truck that was still occasionally used by the fire department . But they had no space for it

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
went for a walk. Got loss lol eventually figured out were I was lol. The park changed a lot in 6-7 years
and this is what’s left of the old train yard

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went to the fortress of louisbourg most pictures are on my camera but it died part way so here’s what I got on my phone

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do miss this lady . We called her “nanny duck “ I guess manly because she was “old” to a 4year old lol she passed away a few years ago at 90-91 years of age.
this is her old spot . She had a tabby cat and gave us treats when we would visit it never matter how old we got she still gave us candy lol. Mom said “she started to laugh pointed up to the second floor window while me and the older brother shoved all our belongings out the window. Once all the toys and the cloths were on the ground we went for the dresser but it wouldn’t fit” lmao we were bad children lol

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Curious, is it always so barren looking ie very few trees?
its very different from, say Moncton, which even the airport feels like youre landing in the middle of a forest.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
It is such a beautiful place. I have never been in the fall, only summer. Cycling the Cabot trail in the fall is on my bucket list. Last time we were there we went on a whale watching tour, I wasn't expecting it to be all that great but it was amazing. On our boat we had an age range of about 5-80 ... and the reaction of all of us seeing the first whale of the day breach the surface was exactly the same, we were all 5 years old in that moment :)

Thanks for sharing, seeing your pics and telling that story brought me back to a wonderful memory.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is such a beautiful place. I have never been in the fall, only summer. Cycling the Cabot trail in the fall is on my bucket list. Last time we were there we went on a whale watching tour, I wasn't expecting it to be all that great but it was amazing. On our boat we had an age range of about 5-80 ... and the reaction of all of us seeing the first whale of the day breach the surface was exactly the same, we were all 5 years old in that moment :)

Thanks for sharing, seeing your pics and telling that story brought me back to a wonderful memory.
No and I never knew about whale watching ! Hmmm unfortunately I can’t see that happening this time. See my family is from here and it’s my cousin’s 18th birthday tomorrow and Thursday I buy my bus ticket home , and I’ve yet to my grandmothers blind friend whom wants to see me again .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts