The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
well the only team I follow is the sens, so I haven't even heard of the goalie that the canucks got...

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the Sens got off their ass and got him instead of the Canucks they would be serious contenders for the cup. Instead they will rely on Rip Van Winkle again...........

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Accept2 said:
If the Sens got off their ass and got him instead of the Canucks they would be serious contenders for the cup. Instead they will rely on Rip Van Winkle again...........
yeah...john mukler still wants hasek, for some reason. He was great, until he got injured again.

·
Registered
698 Posts
This may have been a salary cap move as much as a personnel thing. Todd didn't really get back to his old self though, so I'm sure that's a big part of it.

I guestion giving up Bryan Allen though. Solid young defenseman there. Maybe the Canucks are paying Florida back for the Jovo deal.

As for the Sens, I don't think their problem is goaltending, but it has been their scapegoat. It's tough to win when most of your forwards go into the tank at playoff time.

But you're right - they're on bad dope relying on Hasek again...much like Toronto with Belfour. The difference being Ottawa actually has a defence so Dom doesn't see 20+ good changes & 30 shots a night. I really pity Belfour. When the #1 defenceman in front of you is Bryan McCabe, well you know you're in for a lot of long nights... Offensively McCabe is great, but in his own zone - that's another story.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Emohawk said:
As for the Sens, I don't think their problem is goaltending, but it has been their scapegoat. It's tough to win when most of your forwards go into the tank at playoff time.

As in Daniel Alfredsson.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
as for the good defence ottawa has, not anymore.. I think we have to get rid of either redden or chara. Shit, we're not taking the cup this year either. Like everybody know how to fix the team, except the GM. WTF?? Its easy, get rid of alfredsson, get rid of hasek, and keep chara and redden.:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Belfour is being bought out of his contract. Toronto will be going with Raycroft as their number 1. They should have dealt with Florida before they made the trade with Vancouver. The Canucks now have one of the best goaltenders in the league...............

·
Registered
698 Posts
Xanadu said:
as for the good defence ottawa has, not anymore.. I think we have to get rid of either redden or chara. Shit, we're not taking the cup this year either. Like everybody know how to fix the team, except the GM. WTF?? Its easy, get rid of alfredsson, get rid of hasek, and keep chara and redden.:mad:
I haven't checked the signings today, but it's sounding like they may not get both Chara & Redden anyway. Rumor is Edmonton is seriously looking at Redden now that Pronger wants out.

And, back at the original topic of the thread... Another rumor has Jovo leaving Vancouver with the #1 contender being...Florida. Interesting.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Accept2 said:
Belfour is being bought out of his contract. Toronto will be going with Raycroft as their number 1.
Yeah - I read that after my previous post. I don't know if they're better off or not. Boston has a recent history lately of young goaltenders that stand on their heads in their first year then tank & disappear. But it's got to be a better situation than a 40+ year old with back problems. If Belfour wasn't expected to play 60+ games a year & face 35 shots a night - many of them good chances - he might be a viable option. When he's healthy there's not many better goalies around.

The Leafs really need a defenceman who's solid in his own zone. Kaberle & McCabe are potent offensively, but there's a big hole on the other end. Now if the rumors of the Pronger/Kaberle deal are true the Leafs will have taken a BIG step in the right direction. IMHO of course.

Oh - and you're right. Vancouver does indeed have top-notch goaltending now.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think the Panthers have started to cry about this one yet?...............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts