The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...my goal, should i manage to get my project off the ground, is to perform in europe.

why? i'm not sure. the american pop scene is unappealing. there's something about europe that has a more global feel, i think.

-dh

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Hey, tell it to Saga...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a friend who was a bluegrass fiddler in Alberta for many years, lot's of road and low pay. Dave however was classically trained and ended up in Denmark at some point and decided to stay. He is now very well paid and plays in high end venues, dinner music, string quartets, and if they want bluegrass they can get that too. He said that people are much more appreciative of live music. Anyway, he won't be coming back to Canada.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
North American radio sucks ass, format stations like Q107 make me want to puke

also I find europeans more appreciative of live music in general, be it classical, jazz or anything else

·
Premium Member
17,000 Posts
i have a friend who's new band toured europe for 10 days, he said it was a blast - two of hte band members previous' band was a pretty big hit over there, got a nice welcome.

i'd love to play europe if my band got big enough.. first i need to start up said band hehe.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
Many blues artists did very well in Europe long be America caught on, i.e. Luther Allison

1 - 11 of 11 Posts