The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought maybe we all need to start fresh and pay again... so I paid the Premium Membership (which I thought was already up to date) and it showed 2 "Premium Member icons!
I may have paid unnecessarily 2X
And I still seem to be recognized as a Member who can't delete my for sale ads and post new FS ads...
Ideas?
Did we have to pay again?
I just did!
Thanks,
Hugh H

·
Super Moderator
15,722 Posts
No you didn't have to pay again, and no you can't delete your own posts. None of us can yet.

So I thought maybe we all need to start fresh and pay again... so I paid the Premium Membership (which I thought was already up to date) and it showed 2 "Premium Member icons!
And I still seem to be recognized as a Member who can't delete my for sale ads and post new FS ads...
Ideas?
I just did!
Thanks,
Hugh H

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just posted a FS ad and everyone seems to have a spiffy "FS" whereas I just have my own typed in FS... oh well... I guess I need my unnecessary $19.95 back too!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,722 Posts
Last i checked the FS stuff is only available if it's an old ad. If anyone has been able to assign a label to an ad created late yesterday or today let the Admin guy know.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Ideas?
I just did!
Thanks,
Hugh H
Hey Hugh,

For premium refunds just start a conversation with me and I can get it refunded once I have the information to go ahead. As for the FS ads, can someone explain to me how it is functioning, how it should be functioning and any discrepancy here. I can then either best explain how the new things here work, or work with the techs to get something else developed.

Cheers,
Gerrit

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Hey Hugh,

For premium refunds just start a conversation with me and I can get it refunded once I have the information to go ahead. As for the FS ads, can someone explain to me how it is functioning, how it should be functioning and any discrepancy here. I can then either best explain how the new things here work, or work with the techs to get something else developed.

Cheers,
Gerrit
As far as how the FS section works. First, it was only accessible to Gold or now Premium Members. That was the whole point of paying the $15 subscription. To be able to buy and sell gear, plus the no ads. 2nd it had a Trading Rating system, where we leave a buyer, seller or trader a rating and a comment on their trading profile after a deal has been made. This rating system and comment are accessible to everyone so it gives everyone an idea of how each member's dealings have been. No rating means this person has had no deals before. It also shows how many deals you've made. But this is all contingent on each person making an effort to give the other person a rating and a comment. The forum is used by a lot of people who buy, sell and trade gears. So if you notice, this is why it is important for us to have that feature. One thing for sure, a lot of money and gear goes around in this forum. And it is also one of those features of GC that makes people come back.

Thanks if this could be implemented again.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Thanks for the clarification here, it helps me best work with the developers to see which features and abilities to prioritize and which ways we can potentially adapt or expand in new developments. As a follow up here, is there anything you'd like to see added into the feature. We can work to recreate any feature, but we can also build out new functionalities too.

Since most things are now in house, a lot more is possible with this new format, and I hope that is as exciting for you as it is for us.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
What Chito said above is likely the most important feature we would all like to see and come back with existing ratings / comments restored. Please advise the developers that this would be priority #1
and thanks for checking in regularly with all member questions concerns

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
+1 on the ratings being restored.

I also noticed today when I posted something for sale that it is "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly".

That is new too isn't it?

·
Administrator
225 Posts
+1 on the ratings being restored.

I also noticed today when I posted something for sale that it is "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly".

That is new too isn't it?
Sometimes legitimate posts will get caught up in the spam-prevention tools. This should improve with time.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why no deleting FS ads after more than a week of the new system? Why no proper FS/FT/WTB icons? There are other things... but it makes it seem like the “higher ups” either don’t care or are asleep at the wheel...

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
“ Does anybody really know what what time it is, does anybody really care?... “
C’mon Admin or owners of this Forum!!! For sale section a mess and it’s been over a week... almost 2...

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
My guess is that they're just money collectors and have no idea how a forum works.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
“ Does anybody really know what what time it is, does anybody really care?... “
C’mon Admin or owners of this Forum!!! For sale section a mess and it’s been over a week... almost 2...
You are totally right!
If @GCAdmin1 is too busy with other programming stuff he should give some of his power to @davetcan or @GuitarsCanada to clean up the mess behing him.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
FIrst of all, they should double what they were paying @davetcan. Would that get you back Dave? You could be the go between us and the managers. At least you would answer our concerns and make us feel less ignored.

·
Super Moderator
15,722 Posts
FIrst of all, they should double what they were paying @davetan. Would that get you back Dave? You could be the go between us and the managers. At least you would answer our concerns and make us feel less ignored.
2 x nothing, hmmmm, tempting, very tempting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts