The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out to play a cancer fundraiser in Ottawa tonight. I strongly recommend when you can donate some time for this cause or any worthwhile cause to go ahead and play from your heart. Tonite we are raising money for a gentleman who will require home care and lots of equipp (bed, walker,etc..) Should be an emotional evening.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good on you. Congrats. I lost a beautiful, charming and talented sister in law to cancer when she was barely in her mid-thirties. Tragic! I’m still not over it. I have canvassed many years for the Canadian Cancer Society just to do my “bit” but I have never actually played for the cause. Felicitations! And best of luck tonight!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
lost a few friends to Cancer already

I'm sure it'll get me, someday too

have a great gig!

Reactions: marcos

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, i think this awful disease touches us all at one time or another.
@marcos Many, many thanks for doing this.

I hope the gig went well and the fundraising was a huge success.
There where about 500 people in the hall and it was a big success. The gig was so so but it didnt matter as people where dancing and signing and having a great time. I filled in for another guitarist and had a blast rockin the place.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Heading out to play a cancer fundraiser in Ottawa tonight. I strongly recommend when you can donate some time for this cause or any worthwhile cause to go ahead and play from your heart. Tonite we are raising money for a gentleman who will require home care and lots of equipp (bed, walker,etc..) Should be an emotional evening.
I can see how something like this goes straight to the person or family that needs it. So many charities skim off the top and the fat cats at the top get rich.

Reactions: marcos
1 - 6 of 6 Posts