The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,995 Posts
Interesting body choice given he always appears with a strat or tele style since joining with Suhr.

Where do I buy his chops though?!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
yeah, also check out where the toggle switch is....that is a great idea, i always get my fingers jammed inbetween the toggle/bridge on SG's

Reactions: corailz

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,935 Posts
Man, it would be so much cooler if Canadian artists were sponsored by and had signature gear made by Canadian manufacturers.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
There are some signature models that offer something different but many are very similar to stock guitars with only subtle changes.

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
If foolishly thought a Gordie would be a double-necker. ;-)

My favorite picker and his signature Asher Tele:

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Devin Townsend has a few besides those new Framus's. Peavey made a V for him for a while.

Jeff Waters Annihilation V

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Man, it would be so much cooler if Canadian artists were sponsored by and had signature gear made by Canadian manufacturers.
Does any major manufacturer in Canada even make signature models?
Godin does not, and they're the only ones I know of that would be able to supply a high demand signature guitar.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,935 Posts
Does any major manufacturer in Canada even make signature models?
Godin does not, and they're the only ones I know of that would be able to supply a high demand signature guitar.
Not that I'm aware of... That's why we need more manufacturers up and running in Canada.

·
Premium Member
17,995 Posts
Man, it would be so much cooler if Canadian artists were sponsored by and had signature gear made by Canadian manufacturers.[/QUOTE

Unfortunately there is a much smaller market for anything in Canada. Higher costs (which you are acutely aware of) means this isn't likely to happen any time soon. There's Canadian luthiers, and that's probably as close as we'll get.

There are some signature models that offer something different but many are very similar to stock guitars with only subtle changes.
That's usually how signature guitars work... the tweaks you want to a guitar you're used to.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,935 Posts
Unfortunately there is a much smaller market for anything in Canada. Higher costs (which you are acutely aware of) means this isn't likely to happen any time soon. There's Canadian luthiers, and that's probably as close as we'll get.
...define "soon". ;)

·
Premium Member
3,676 Posts
I just grabbed a Deryck Whitby Telecaster in OW.
46949F4E-C98E-44F5-9E1C-6CDC106333EA.jpeg

Reactions: Budda
1 - 20 of 25 Posts