The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really curious as to why bigger stores like Long and McQuade and Steve's Music have not started selling online yet. The only places that sell online in Canada that I know of are...

Axe Music:
www.axemusic.com

Northshore Music:
www.northshoremusic.on.ca

Does anyone know of any more?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought so too. However, if you do a Google search for Canadian online music stores it won't come up.

I had been looking for online stores in Canada over the past year because I wanted to get a JV Strat and L&M never had anything in stock. I ended up getting my guitar from the States.

Then yesterday I find this place and they have one in stock.

Figures.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Songbird are a bunch of luddites - well, at least the Toronto store is. They never update their side of the website. There's 5x as many interesting things in store that never see the Internet. Figures though since the last time I was in there last month, they were still using CARBON PAPER. They've got tons of vintage stock but I didn't think their inventory and sales systems had to be vintage too :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
theelectic said:
Songbird are a bunch of luddites - well, at least the Toronto store is. They never update their side of the website.
The worst site is Steve's. Google it and take a look.

·
Registered
319 Posts
One of the thing that I've noticed (and somewhat bugs me) about a lot of Canadian online stores is that they don't put the prices of their guitars and instruments (or not all of them) on their sites.

Most US sites you go to, will post their prices and sales etc. If you call or email them, you'll often get a better price than what's listed on their sites but at least it give you an idea of what you're looking at in order to buy whatever you are looking for.

I agree with you Robert1950, Steve's is really bad.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why are people buying guitars online?

There's a lot of people who buy guitars online without testing them. I never understood why someone will drop hundreds or even thousands of dollars on something as personal as a guitar before they even try it. I'm not putting anyone down, i'm just curious to know why, maybe I'm missing something?:confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hinrich said:
There's a lot of people who buy guitars online without testing them. I never understood why someone will drop hundreds or even thousands of dollars on something as personal as a guitar before they even try it. I'm not putting anyone down, i'm just curious to know why, maybe I'm missing something?:confused:
Well, first of all, let's start with beginners. For them it doesn't matter for the most part because it is probably their first guitar and they wouldn't know how to check it out anyway. And if they can get what they want at a better price then why not?

Second, all of the large US online guitar shops have a return policy. Try it for a month and if you don't like it then return it and try something else. Pretty nice.

Third, in my case, I couldn't get what I wanted at a price that I liked from the local shops. So I bought from someone I trusted online and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hinrich: I do agree fully with cbh - in addition and in my case it's all about availability. you can not always find what you want locally. online is a definate crapshoot - but it does work out often enough. Plus, you can always put it back up for sale - someone will love the guitar eventually.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts