The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

I'm doing some research for an article I'm writing and I'm having a tough time coming up with a comprehensive list of Canada boutique pedal manufacturers.

Has anyone got such a list or can anyone point me to a source such as an industry directory, etc?

Please and thanks...

DD

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Scottone said:
I've never heard of Drscientist before...looks like he has some cool stuff.
His website is pretty cool/different. AFAIK, he's one of the few pedal builders in Canada from the west coast.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
man, how could you guys leave out JC Maillet?

he has the best DIY effect site around....he's out in BC & also builds/fixes stuff

http://www.lynx.bc.ca/~jc/

lots of useful tech info on old amps

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
noobcake said:
Yup, Greg's a great guy I own one of his ts808 clones and Russell from GoudieFX is great too, I'd wholeheartedly reccomend these 2 builders to anyone.
+1 for GoudieFX too. Great guy to deal with and excellent products. I got his compressor which he demoed for me when I came to pick it up from him.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Chito said:
+1 for GoudieFX too. Great guy to deal with and excellent products. I got his compressor which he demoed for me when I came to pick it up from him.
Check out his G-Drive if you ever need a smooth as butter od with alot of gain to boot, I'm really satisfied with mine, it's kickin all kinds of arse all over the place.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Chito said:
+1 for GoudieFX too.
+1 for GoudieFX three. Actually, my new compressor didn't work out of the box, (had a very minor mis-wiring as it turned out) so I contacted him, made a deal to have him mod my Crowther Hotcake for true-bypass at the same time he was fixing my comp. I shipped him both pedals, in NO time flat I had back a modded Hotcake and a sweet comp! Great service, considering the guy already had my money!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I took a chance and picked up a GoudieFX Compressor on Ebay. Unbelieveable. Makes my Strat sing. Love it. I was so impressed that a couple of weeks later I picked up his 808+ which is a TS based pedal with more gain available. Awesome. Almost bought his G-Drive today on Ebay but I was too late and the auction ended. I have a sh*t load of pedals I am considering getting rid of now. His pedals are definitely worth a try (especially for the price) and service is second to none. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has posted the link to Retro Sonic yet. I don't have any of their pedals but I've seen some very good reviews. AFAIK RetroSonic is based in Ottawa. Here is the link:

http://www.retro-sonic.com

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
this is a great thread for my question.

All I realy want and need is a great delay AND a great boost/overdrive.

OK...who makes such a beast in one box?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts