The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious as to how many bass builders/luthiers there are in Canada. I know of Godin, F-Bass, Fury, Dingwall and Mikeyguitars.com (the fretted/fretless guy). How many others are out there?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Lado makes a pretty nice line of basses and guitars, as well as marketing some lower end imports.

I have been playing their Studio 604 model for several years, and love it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
there's a luthier in kelowna making nice basses - he's out of the kelowna guitar shop i believe. i played one of his basses some time ago and it was very nice....

although sheldon dingwall rules! :rockon2:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Vector bassses are made in Nova Scotia by Nicholas Bigney. He has a big following in the jazz world. Top notch products.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great list guys! Keep it coming if you think of more. It is nice to see a good list of Canadian builders out there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure google can tell you many more luthiers out there.

Also, try the SIMM 2007 web site. The show was in Montreal and many great luthiers were there....

http://www.simmm.ca/horaire_2007_en.aspx

Google probably could but the list here would be more useful to more than just myself. I didn't even know about the SIMM show and I doubt I would have gotten that link without someone (thanks!) here pointing it out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lado makes some great stuff! I got one from 1984 and it is a beaut!
I can remember lusting rather severely for one around 1980. I would always go down to Keen Kraft and check them out. Always wished I had gotten one, but when I moved to Manitoba in 1982 you couldn't find one to save your life. Such is life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts