The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I'm pissed off at myself for not just going and getting the fucking thing next day which I could easily have done; it's at most 90 minutes each way if that.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
My experience with CP is completely different. Halifax to California is usually 5 days. Same to BC. Europe is usually about 7 days. I ship a lot of stuff all over the world and generally I’d take CP over any of the other options though I have had occasion to use DHL a few times and found it good as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Stopped using Canada Post in 2011 when I went to send off a package at the local depot and she quoted me $11.00 and less than a minute later rang me up for $22.00. It was for taxes, admin fees and a few other fees that I just don't remember what they were now. I paid it because I wanted to unload the package, but haven't used them since.

I won't use UPS either.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
My experience with CP is completely different. Halifax to California is usually 5 days. Same to BC. Europe is usually about 7 days. I ship a lot of stuff all over the world and generally I’d take CP over any of the other options though I have had occasion to use DHL a few times and found it good as well.
I bet it's because they hand it off to another carrier ASAP.

My recent experience was it took an 8.5x11 envelope 4 weeks to get to Ottawa from Edmonton.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Can some twitter nerd start a #CancelCanadaPost hashtag and people can post screen shots of these ridiculous tracking paper trails? It might take off.. maybe even make the CTV news in a few years.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I bet it's because they hand it off to another carrier ASAP.

My recent experience was it took an 8.5x11 envelope 4 weeks to get to Ottawa from Edmonton.
I don’t thing they are handing it off to anyone between Halifax and BC...

That’s pretty crazy for an envelope to take that long. All I’m shipping is packages so maybe it’s a different stream.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
... other fees that I just don't remember what they were now.
Recycling fee of $5.00 for the rubber that got laid onto to the road by the tires on their trucks because the drivers were in such a hurry to deliver stuff.

·
Registered
12,651 Posts
Or one minute in the airport bathroom.
drive a little further south and take a trip on the jersey turnpike - if you dare.
i have a lead foot. i can't drive 55. but you get on the turnpike doing 85 mph in the right lane, and little old ladies will pass you while giving you the finger.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Probably lots of them takin hits of the same joint explains the outbrakes,

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Looking on Reddit. Apparently stuff goes to Montreal for sorting and can be there for months.
They call it Monthreal at Canada Post.

·
Registered
425 Posts
First: I ordered some small stuff lately from the L&M warehouse in Pickering and it got to my office at Toronto in 3 or 4 days except for the most recent package which took about 10 days.

June 7/21, I ordered a guitar from Brantford L&M and they shipped it a few hours later after going over it and then someone from the store called me to talk about setup. So the store did a good job and the shipping label is correctly addressed to me.

So then Canada Post gets involved. The guitar went from Brantford to Montreal. I'm in Toronto; it's one hour from Brantford.

And yes, I should have picked up the guitar myself but they'd managed to delver a few small things w/out problem as I mentioned.

As an aside, I recently had a guitar come to Toronto from Chicago took 4 days from order to delivery by DHL.

I contacted CP and their customer service was evasive and could not confirm that they even had an address to ship to; they could not tell me that it would be shipped to my address. I asked if I should file an insurance claim and they said to contact the sender.

This guitar is likely to spend another week or so sitting at a facility in Montreal. The longer it is in the system the more chance it will be lost, damaged or stolen.

I suppose that this kind of problem should be no surprise with CP.

But I'm just mentioning, what is likely obvious to many, that this is something to consider when shipping guitars through CP.

I will never voluntarily use CP again for anything again.
Yup,... sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
They’ve been so-so with my stuff, except the guitar I bought on here (from Alberta) that was supposed to be 5 days that turned into 15. That’s even livable I suppose, but the oddest thing is that it had no tracking updates for days, then said “Out for Delivery. End of day today”, which it actually wasn’t. Hadn’t even gotten into Ontario yet. Did that three times. Then some actual tracking info started to get posted. I was pretty confident that day. It showed up, in one piece.

Meh, they’re awful, but I used them again to ship two more things. I may never learn.

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
I don't think EVERYthing goes to Montreal. I've tracked items from all over Ontario and not all of them were routed that way.

Truthfully CP tracking is better left unobserved. So far they have not lost or damaged a single item of mine (as far as I can remember), and they generally deliver earlier than promised.

I realize that's just testimonial and I'm not presenting data but other than their tracking being almost useless, I don't worry too much about CP.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yeah, the stuff that came from the L&M warehouse at Pickering in 3 days almost certainly didn't go to Montreal and back before delivery.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts