The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First: I ordered some small stuff lately from the L&M warehouse in Pickering and it got to my office at Toronto in 3 or 4 days except for the most recent package which took about 10 days.

June 7/21, I ordered a guitar from Brantford L&M and they shipped it a few hours later after going over it and then someone from the store called me to talk about setup. So the store did a good job and the shipping label is correctly addressed to me.

So then Canada Post gets involved. The guitar went from Brantford to Montreal. I'm in Toronto; it's one hour from Brantford.

And yes, I should have picked up the guitar myself but they'd managed to delver a few small things w/out problem as I mentioned.

As an aside, I recently had a guitar come to Toronto from Chicago took 4 days from order to delivery by DHL.

I contacted CP and their customer service was evasive and could not confirm that they even had an address to ship to; they could not tell me that it would be shipped to my address. I asked if I should file an insurance claim and they said to contact the sender.

This guitar is likely to spend another week or so sitting at a facility in Montreal. The longer it is in the system the more chance it will be lost, damaged or stolen.

I suppose that this kind of problem should be no surprise with CP.

But I'm just mentioning, what is likely obvious to many, that this is something to consider when shipping guitars through CP.

I will never voluntarily use CP again for anything again.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I had a guitar shipped purolator from winnipeg l&m to my store. Aside from however they dinged the case (if the guitar is mint, it stands to reason the case probably didnt have ripped tolex) it took 6 business days to arrive (mon-mon).

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Had no problems with 2 somewhat recent guitar shipments...other than my new mailman being either lazy or stupid telling me he had nothing for me when there was actually a guitar box back there. I mean it’s easy to miss the biggest box in the truck right?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Never had any problem with CP over the years and this Spring where I shipped two guitars.
My most recent packages got to destination even faster than expected.
But I had to ship a small package on Monday and heard they had a new software installed and the clerk had to boost the system to accept the shipping address...

Reactions: Wardo

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fact that they simply send everything to Montreal for sorting regardless of destination is ridiculous.
Is that what they do ?

The C/S person didn't tell me that or say anything helpful; just a lot canned answers designed to get rid of people.

If I'd know it was going to Montreal for sorting I would have picked it up for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
@Wardo Give me your phone number so I can call you up tonight when I am losing sleep over the item I got mailed outa Montreal today. :ROFLMAO::LOL::D

So far Canada Post is batting 1000 with me...

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
... heard they had a new software installed and the clerk had to boost the system to accept the shipping address...
That might be something to do with it; they could not confirm that they had a shipping address in the system.

·
Registered
12,654 Posts
you wanna share canada post stories?
i mailed 2 boxes to myself from niagra falls ny, to toronto. one was cords and multi outlets. the other was books. i sent them on sept 6th, the books arrived at the end of nov, the cords showed up a few days before christmas.

i spent a year paying off a c.c. i had in the states. the only way visa would accept the payments was if i mailed a postal money order. each one was sent signature required. about half of them got lost. it took weeks to cancel the money orders so i could re ship them. no refunds, no help with tracking. hours spent on hold.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Perhaps this is a Canada Post story... I don't know.

I had a pedal shipped from the States via USPS on April 30. Last tracking update within the US was May 4th... Since then, nothing. And nobody knows who has it (USPS or CP) and where it is. It's been a month and a half, and that would test anybody's patience, no?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Is that what they do ?

The C/S person didn't tell me that or say anything helpful; just a lot canned answers designed to get rid of people.

If I'd know it was going to Montreal for sorting I would have picked it up for sure.
I guess I'm assuming that's what they do, but I've heard of this before.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I think it's an Ontario thing. I've had excellent delivery times with things coming out, and very slow going in. Other parts of the country no problems.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ottawa to Saskatchewan? And it went back and forth between Quebec City and Montreal? Wtf?

This is something Marketplace or some sort of TV show should investigate.
Make work projects/vote buying in some areas etc.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Ottawa to Saskatchewan? And it went back and forth between Quebec City and Montreal? Wtf?

This is something Marketplace or some sort of TV show should investigate.
Yeah, just one of dozens of examples I've witnessed of CanadaPost being just terrible at their job. I avoid them at all costs now. It's alarming how garbage their service and customer service is.

·
Premium Member
13,434 Posts
Couple years back, pre-covid, I received a guitar from Edmonton .. via Montreal. Three days from Ed to Mtl. Week and half, Mtl to T.O.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts