The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold an old Traynor head to someone on this board and shipped it via Canada Post. It was well boxed and it arrived 'dead'. Apparently the circuit board(perf board) had cracked and loosened some wires. The tech stated it was probably due to the amp being dropped during transit. I bought insurance for the amp's value. Does the insurance cover 'mishandling'?

·
Registered
274 Posts
thats over the top brutal. I once received a wah pedal that had been cut into to check for drugs. you should try to get your money on it

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
It's going to be tough proving that one since it's not 'visual' damage like a smashed cabinet. You'll have to get a report from the tech and take photos. Was there damage to the box itself too? You will need photos of that too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I do believe that this is damage that resulted from rough handling. Given the history of early Traynor amps and the story about Pete throwing one out a
2nd story window to prove how tough it was, Canada Post needs their butt kicked. I certainly hope they come through on the claim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts