The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... looking to finally finish a guitar I have had half done for over a year now (stuff comes up, keeps getting pushed to the side).

Anyone familiar with Canada Musical Instruments - Guitars, Drums, Dj Equipment, Recording

Found them by when searching for a Gotoh 510UB bridge, came up half the price as anywhere else.

Ordered it, said click next to pick payment, clicked next and order done. Got an email saying it was ordered and not ful-filled pending payment, then later in the email said that it arrives at the post office and I pay there. Very odd.

Tried to email, and email address rejected, no phone number, facebook page is down, and twitter has 2 posted from over a year ago.

Upside... gave no credit card info or anything like that... downside, I can't order from somewhere else because no idea if one is coming or not.

Being a Canadian forum... I'm hoping someone may have dealt with them before and has some insight. If a legit site, they have some good prices but a very poor site for searching/organization and a confusing checkout. If not legit, then I'll order elsewhere so I can get the bridge sooner than later.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, something is definitely off, though if a scam, getting a credit card would make more sense than getting payment through the post office... Very odd.

Worried it'll show, I'll pay and inside the box is a rock. :)

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
I hit Contact Us and then Customer Service and a Russian Pretties website came up. Very strange.
Those are Google AdWords. They are usually based on your browsing history with Google ;)

·
Premium Member
17,314 Posts
This is what I got with Contact Us:

CONTACT US
We're happy to answer questions or help you with returns.
Please fill out the form below if you need assistance.

We want you to love your experience shopping on Canada Instruments as much as you love your new gear!

Please contact our customer service department with any questions or concerns. We're here to help with everything from placing an order and delivery questions to size and fit advice on product details.

And, even if you're set, we'd still love to hear from you. We value your opinion and want to keep improving, so reach out and let us know if there's anything we can do better.

CONTACT US

Email: [email protected]

Live Chat At The Bottom Right Corner Of The Page.

Monday - Friday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST

Weekends 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

* Please note that we do not offer Customer Support Services via Telephone or in-person on-site visits *

Please use the contact form below to contact us, or email us at [email protected], We will get back to your email within 1 Business day, regarding any questions you may have.

* Email Address:
* Details:

NEW PRODUCTS

POPULAR BRANDS
CATEGORIES

Your Name:Your Email:
Connect with us: Pinterest Facebook Twitter
All prices are in CAD. Copyright 2017 Canada Instruments. Sitemap |

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, that Russian girl site is well... your own personal thing you got going on over there. ;)

I replied to the email I got from them, and it's the same email address as listed in the Contact Us... used the form as well but no reply.

Again, if legit great because bridge was half the cost anywhere else even eBay. I think it said I'd get a track# in 3-5 days so, sigh... wait until Friday and see I guess. :D

Just figured Canadian site, maybe someone here has used it before. When I searched google for 'gotoh 510UB canada' it was within a few links from the top of the search results.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,818 Posts
Can't comment on the legitimacy of the site, but I will say that the price for that Gotoh bridge is a steal. It's well under what even a distributor or OEM would pay to get it straight from Gotoh. If it is a legit site, that price is likely a typo.

As for spelling errors, etc. Even professionally made websites have those here and there. Can't really use that to determine anything.

Looks like an interesting assortment of products. Has anyone tried contacting them?

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly! If you search by gotoh, most are posted at the price you'd expect them to be, just over $100.. eBay is around $60+S&H... after tax there and shipping, just under $44!

... even if it's stolen I'm fine with that. :D

But ya... even if a typo, if it arrives and cost that much, I'll be very happy. But... kinda got the motivational ball rolling on getting this guitar built (finally) and hate waiting 1-2 weeks to find out I have to order elsewhere. :S

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Those are Google AdWords. They are usually based on your browsing history with Google ;)
Boy, are you way off on that one. Tried "Customer Service" again and the Russian Pretties site is gone and I get a friends Facebook Page "and she's not Russian". I'd be suspect of that site myself. Greco, this what I get when I hit "Contact Us" and that Customer Service link is suspect to me.
CU.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Boy, are you way off on that one. Tried "Customer Service" again and the Russian Pretties site is gone and I get a friends Facebook Page "and she's not Russian". I'd be suspect of that site myself. Greco, this what I get when I hit "Contact Us" and that Customer Service link is suspect to me.
View attachment 117129
The Customer Service link is a Google AdWord link installed in the website. If you use AdBlock, you don't see those links. You got the Facebook page because your Chrome history shows you visit/click there a lot. So no, I'm not "way off" in the slightest. The "Customer Service" link has nothing to with the actual site content or the customer service offered by the site. The site is sketchy, and even more so for using AdWords like that.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
The Customer Service link is a Google AdWord link installed in the website. If you use AdBlock, you don't see those links. You got the Facebook page because your Chrome history shows you visit/click there a lot. So no, I'm not "way off" in the slightest. The "Customer Service" link has nothing to with the actual site content or the customer service offered by the site. The site is sketchy, and even more so for using AdWords like that.
Let's agree to disagree and leave it that.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Let's agree to disagree and leave it that.
You can't disagree with a fact. The links you clicked on were Google links, not links belonging to that website. That is not an opinion.

Google Ads uses your Chrome browsing history to serve you ads they think you are likely to click on. This is what I do for a living. It is not about whether you agree or not, it is what is on Google does.

I will say that I was pulling your leg about the Russian beauties because AdWords don't quite work that way. It usually just goes through a rotation of the highest paying advertisers who serve content that might interest you. That means that you might not be signing Russian beauties, but you might be looking st content that relates to beautiful women or Russia. Nothing nefarious in that and I was mostly kidding.

One pointer: if you do any naughty-type web surfing, use an ad blocker an an incognito browser window.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Can't comment on the legitimacy of the site, but I will say that the price for that Gotoh bridge is a steal. It's well under what even a distributor or OEM would pay to get it straight from Gotoh. If it is a legit site, that price is likely a typo.

As for spelling errors, etc. Even professionally made websites have those here and there. Can't really use that to determine anything.

Looks like an interesting assortment of products. Has anyone tried contacting them?
I doubt that an OEM pays $40.00 for a bridge. I could be wrong but I worked for a large OEM for years and I was often surprised at what we paid for things. We could even supply wholesalers cheaper than distributors could.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
I doubt that an OEM pays $40.00 for a bridge. I could be wrong but I worked for a large OEM for years and I was often surprised at what we paid for things. We could even supply wholesalers cheaper than distributors could.
@jbealsmusic might have some insight into this, given that he runs a guitar and amp parts business.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts