The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good mornin

can someone out there identify this guitar for me please, seller says no markings on it.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

this info supplied from seller
"Set neck, solid Mahogany Explorer from the 1970's, complete with Schaller (German made) tuners. All the classic battle scars a vintage guitar should have, but a tonne of mojo and a wonderful sounding, playing and feeling guitar that is sure to get attention! No name posted on headstock, but the guitar bears German parts, so you tell me! Possible early Japanese!"

thanks

dave

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Open the cavity and look for markings. The pictures are a little to small to see much detail. Alot of Japanesse copies didnt get the name on the headstock for a few years, including Ibanez..........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to keep checking if he re-lists it , someone may have pointed out that he may have had more of a guitar than he thought. a coworker mentioned Rickenbacker but i could not find any body style like that from them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That funny Explorer!

I've seen a Greco Explorer on *Bay...it's there now for comparison. Mind you, there are differences but who knows? Check it out. It's BIN is $1200US.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
It might be a Rockinger, from Germany, if it's loaded with German parts.

Dieter Goelsdorf's brainchild. They built some extremely nice guitars, and used a lot of mahogany. Exploders, Strats, Teles, etc. They also created the Rockinger bridge, sort of a lo-profile/pre-Floyd/hi-performance Strat bridge thingy. I still have a chromed one that I use as a paperweight.

Later on they became Duesenberg, which is still around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts