The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you can find one, I think it would fit. Not 100% on that though.

I tried to find one of those for my SG a long time agao but it's impossible... have you found a source?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Here's a source:

All sorts of vibrolas

I've ordered from them before and they were good to deal with. In terms of putting one on, just think it through all the way. My SG has one on it and although they look very, very cool, they're not good for much more than a wiggle here and there. Also, the strings end up going over the bridge at a super shallow angle, which can lead to occasional buzzing and, in my opinion, a slight loss of "tone". I'll conceed, however, that the latter point might just be in my head. Heh heh.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nine said:
Here's a source:

All sorts of vibrolas

I've ordered from them before and they were good to deal with. In terms of putting one on, just think it through all the way. My SG has one on it and although they look very, very cool, they're not good for much more than a wiggle here and there. Also, the strings end up going over the bridge at a super shallow angle, which can lead to occasional buzzing and, in my opinion, a slight loss of "tone". I'll conceed, however, that the latter point might just be in my head. Heh heh.
So, it looks good but isn't that functional? Hmm...sounds familiar. Thanks for the good input...maybe a bigsby is the way to go.

Have you got any pics of yours?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks. The second I saw that guitar in the store I knew I had to have it. :smile:

Hey, another thing I thought about in regards to putting on a vibrola is that I think it needs the skinny bridge posts and not the thick ones. Hopefully you know what I mean, because I dont' know the technical names for the two types of posts. The skinny ones allow the bridge to move around a little. I'm not sure it would work all that well with the newer style, thick posts. It seems like the strings would bind a little on the saddles.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the great info...man, this forum really works!

Now my next question will to figure who can install Bigsby's in the Maritimes...anybody?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts