The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a Fender amp for sale and the seller claims
"I got it straight from the factory and it still has the tag on it".

Is this possible and if YES, how?

G.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
E-mail Fender and ask?
My guess is that the seller bought an un-opened boxed amp
at the store and considers this as 'straight from the factory'.
This sounds about right. That or he was at their showroom floor (I'm guessing they have one).

·
Premium Member
12,209 Posts
Straight from the factory - via a shipping company and a warehouse and another shipping company and a retailer.

I guess, by that definition, anything not 'straight from the factory' is a Chinese knock-off.

·
Premium Member
12,209 Posts
Not so fast. I just started hearing weird rumours that Chinese have factories too now!
Yes, but one would assume that when he says "straight from the factory" he is referring to the Fender factory. Granted, Fender may own their own factories in Asia, in which case it still kinda was (except more shipping and warehousing involved, probably).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ummm yes you can -

You can buy their entire catalog online at full MSRP.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Fender is its own distributor in Canada
Hence, you can't buy directly from them without paying the full price (unless you're an official dealer of course)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Fender is its own distributor in Canada
Hence, you can't buy directly from them without paying the full price (unless you're an official dealer of course)

Fender does ship directly from their facilities

Anyone can buy directly from Fender (right now if you'd like?). If you choose to do so you will pay full MRSP in US funds plus any shipping and/or brokerage.

Here's a screenshot - notice the cart in the top corner

Attachments

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
This is wrong.

Fender does ship directly from their facilities

But.

Anyone can buy directly from Fender (right now if you'd like?). If you choose to do so you will pay full MRSP in US funds plus any shipping and/or brokerage.

Here's a screenshot - notice the cart in the top corner
Yeah you just said the same thing I did...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts