The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant figure out how to strum to it... I am newer to guitar obviously lol.
any help is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

G

·
Welcome to the forum ktm.
The most obvious answer is to watch the vid on full screen and pay attention to his right hand.
This video may be more useful though for learning the technique and then you may be able to pick out the strumming pattern on your vid.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!! And Yea for sure, I have watched it full screen and I can't get to sound right. I can strum a few patterns but everything I put into this doesn't sound right. I was just wondering if anyone knew it?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Certainly no expert but picked up a guitar to try it. To my ear let my ring finger on the second string rest against the first string to deaden it, then on the upstroke just hit the bottom 3 or 4 strings, not allowing the first string to sound. Hope that helps?
Found I personally liked the sound of the chord just prior to G leaving the ring finger and using the pointer and middle as if the G chord but just dropped to 5 and 4 strings, but that's less of a minor sounding chord than just using the middle finger on the 4string.

You'll get it how you want, just gotta keep working at it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Certainly no expert but picked up a guitar to try it. To my ear let my ring finger on the second string rest against the first string to deaden it, then on the upstroke just hit the bottom 3 or 4 strings, not allowing the first string to sound. Hope that helps?
Found I personally liked the sound of the chord just prior to G leaving the ring finger and using the pointer and middle as if the G chord but just dropped to 5 and 4 strings, but that's less of a minor sounding chord than just using the middle finger on the 4string.

You'll get it how you want, just gotta keep working at it.
Thank you for your take on it! I will try it out tonight for fun :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts