The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
See, I already KNOW I'm going to die... Possibly soon... so what I'm doing now is what I'd be doing.

Living my life.. doing the things I love.

I think there's a passage in the Code Of The Samurai about how freeing it is, when one realizes that one is, in fact, already dead.

Seems a pointless waste, to me, to live your life any other way....

"Spread thy seed"
I think it was Schopenhauer who said (And was echoed by David Benatar) something to the effect, "The best of all possible gifts is the gift of having never been born."

·
Registered
585 Posts
Donate as much spunk as I can. Both internally and in things to be frozen.
Go kill some bad pimps and drug dealers and rapists.
Give a little prep talk to schools about morality and death!
Find worthy people to give my gear to.
Max my visa by getting a Darth Vader suit.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think there's a passage in the Code Of The Samurai about how freeing it is, when one realizes that one is, in fact, already dead.
Can you explain that? I don't understand what it's implying?

I think I would tell all my friends how much they matter to me, find wonderful homes for my two cats, my beloved guitars, my two cars. Then I would probably take some serious action against some 'anti-humanity' types/organizations (which shall remain nameless) that I despise. If you're goin' out, you might as well go out BIG!

C

·
0 Posts
Rent the movie "Ghost Dog"... It 'shows' you what it means better than words on a CRT could ever explain...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
See, I already KNOW I'm going to die... Possibly soon... so what I'm doing now is what I'd be doing.

Living my life.. doing the things I love.

There is definitely something to that. In a previous life experience, we were told "you're already dead, but it's up to you to determine how and where you meet it".

Live life like everyday is your last, let those who matter know they matter.

C

·
0 Posts
"In a previous life experience"
I HOPE you're not talking about a "past-life" reincarnation thing...

What a load of bullflop!

" Live life like everyday is your last"
... and one day you'll be RIGHT!

·
Registered
737 Posts
But I do have superpowers! Anyway, I guess I am doing it, I live my life on my terms and I went thru an incredible yet trying experience that most wouldn't even consider, just so I could be me, it was that or death and I had been close to death on a few occasions. I live for the day, or more likely, the weekend. The future is now, don't wait until the kids are grown, or you retire, or the house is paid for, etc. Just get out there and do it!

Ain't nobody gonna stop me now!
Mich

"I am what I am, thank god
Some people just don't understand." - JMH

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"In a previous life experience"
I HOPE you're not talking about a "past-life" reincarnation thing...

What a load of bullflop!

" Live life like everyday is your last"
... and one day you'll be RIGHT!
How do you know? Where's your evidence?

The atheist has no more hard proof than the theist. That's why I remain a devout agnostic.

If you expect me to change my mind I would demand the same as I would from that pesky Witness who wakes me up on weekend mornings.
:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Wow, guess I should have phrased that one differently, I was referring to a previous line of work that had a much higher risk factor involved in it than what I do now.

I've seen enough in my life and buried enough friends to beleive that a person needs to live each day like it's the last. You don't have to buy into it. Different strokes for different folks.

C

·
0 Posts
"That's why I remain a devout agnostic."
That's your choice and you're welcome to it.

There is enough evidence like leading questions and 'planted' memories that call ALL so-called "evidence" in support of "Past Lives" into more than enough question

·
Premium Member
17,196 Posts
good thing the question was hypothetical, huh guys!!!

i know i would do these things:
play guitar, loudly, for extended periods of time
jam with my best friends (it helps that they're musicians :D)
tell the people i love that i love them
cry
have the most fun i can have with the people i love
stop taking things for granted

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Nothing different than I'm doing now. Hang out with friends, play music.
Not that I want to die, but I know where I'm going when I do, and I can't wait to meet the big JC.:food-smiley-004:

C

·
0 Posts
"I can't wait to meet the big JC."
You goal is to meet John Carpenter? I mean sure, he's made some good movies, but he's not the end all and be all.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Nothing different than I'm doing now. Hang out with friends, play music.
Not that I want to die, but I know where I'm going when I do, and I can't wait to meet the big JC.:food-smiley-004:
Johnny Cash?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts