The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into L &M in Pickering this morning to check out the Black Friday sale but stopped to make a coffee first. Got in the door looking for a used Fender Blues Jr priced at $299....figured it would be a little beat up. Watched a guy pick it up ahead of me and walk to the counter....looked like new. I might give up coffee....... :)

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I got my special Insiders Club email about the BF sale. Snark tuners 50% off! I bought two. Yeehaw!

I teased the sales rep when i played a few guitars and amps. My vintage gear at home had me pining for nothing. So L&M got $25 outta me today. ;)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Those amps kind of suck and are highly over-rated. A roland cube 30 will sound better and do so much more at a fraction of the price.
Well, I am certainly on board with the first half of your comment and in fact I think you could have easily driven the point quite a bit harder without going over the top. Especially the last 8 or 10 years or so, since they started making them really chincy which takes a so-so sounding amp and then lowers the quality while jacking the price. The cube amps don't really do much for me either though.

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
I got into L &M in Pickering first thing this morning, and saw a blues jr for $299

grabbed it and walked right up to the cash...what a great deal!!

:D

Nice score. You must have avoided the temptation to make unnecessary stops along the way. ;)

Reactions: Duffman

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
Those amps kind of suck and are highly over-rated. A roland cube 30 will sound better and do so much more at a fraction of the price.
Bitter because nobody wants your solid state marshall?

Reactions: RBlakeney

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
If anyone has a blues jr they dont want, I have room in the basement.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I saw the local L&M flier, yawned, and promptly forgot about it. The news last night showed a big lineup of people waiting to get in at opening. Is there really that much of a market for 1/2 priced Snarks? Showed two guys fighting over a Blues Junior in the parking lot...

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
I 1966, a friend of mine, walked up to the house of a guy in high school class, money in hand -$110, to buy a '56 Gibson LP GT, and saw a another guy walk out with the guitar. That was the same guitar I used for two weeks, but couldn't come up with money to buy it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got my BJr NOS off Craigslist for $300. Very happy. Then I got the billM mods. Now I’m VERY happy.

It was a sweet grab and go, stock. It’s a 1/2 (and more) price boutique with the mods.

There are threads galore about how they suck or not. I dig the clean tone and pedal platform. Slight breakup too. Others don’t.

Sorry you missed the bus, OP. Keep an eye on Craigslist.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I got my BJr NOS off Craigslist for $300. Very happy. Then I got the billM mods. Now I’m VERY happy.

It was a sweet grab and go, stock. It’s a 1/2 (and more) price boutique with the mods.

There are threads galore about how they suck or not. I dig the clean tone and pedal platform. Slight breakup too. Others don’t.

Sorry you missed the bus, OP. Keep an eye on Craigslist.
If it has the Jensen speaker in it a Celestion swap is worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts