The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
that ibanez SZ looks might nice...Ill have to check this shop out sometime soon. The whole bit about not being an authorized dealer...perhaps they are buying the guitars off ebay/online and selling them...

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine was described as mint condition like new... it's nothing new some of the other established shops did the same thing to get started... buying wholesale from distributers and not being an authorized dealer that is... ebay is not the only soarce... there are wholesalers who sell to small no name starter shops... plus there is a large network of guitar buyers/sellers/traders thats been there long before the internet.
be carefull is all... know the product you are purchasing and see wether or not the seller is trustworthy... tho you never know 100%. I've had deals go bad with established dealers too so ya never really know.
I'm happy with my purchase there thats for sure.

Khing

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Forgot to mention that I went back to the Clagary Rock Shop and made another purchase. Great shop and I have no issues at all with doing more business in the future.

Here is what I bought the second time round... where else are you gonna find a jem like this in cow town?

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
I've popped in there to check it out.
Was made welcome, and easily engaged in conversation about guitars.
He spoke well of other music stores (I appreciate it when someone doesn't come across a shaving an axe (no pun intended) to grind with the competition.) He actually suggested a different music store in answer to one of my questions, and he gave me some free picks, and I didn't even buy anything yet. I'll be popping in again some time.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We have a Rock Shop in Edmonton too...I've mentioned the store on this forum previously. I have always been treated well, but I haven't been back in quite some time...just running in different circles these days. The owner told me that he also owns a couple of Mr. Entertainment stores, so maybe that is how they get inventory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts