The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The band I play in is playing at Wolfman's in Marda Loop in Calgary on Friday, February 9.

Our set list looks something like this:

Set List

I have a new setup for the night. I think I am retiring my '02 R8, and will be playing a new PRS Singlecut Satin through a Custom Shop Bad Cat Hot Cat 15/30R. Hard to part with the Les Paul, but this new Singlecut sounds amazing and it's only 7.1 lbs.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
great looking set list.

That was one pretty R8. Did you trade in/sell it, or just retire it to the other room for now?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Thanks.

I still have my R8, it will go down in the pine box with me when it's time for the dirt nap :)

It's a pretty magic guitar, 8.5 lbs, HUGE tone, vey cool top. just has some problems tuning wise and doesn't intonnate real well. I have been gigging with it for 5 years and it's starting to get a little beat up.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
and '02 was the last year of the flametop R8, wasn't it? Glad you kept it.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure was.

This one has a top better than many of the newer R9s I have seen. There is a '06 VOS R9 at L&M in Calgary that has an amazing top.I'm just a few dollars short of $5500 right now !!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'll be there yelling for Free Bird. :rockon2:

:tongue:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I hope you're not suggesting you would trade the R8 in on the R9.

Those R8 flametops seem to work pretty good for Warren Haynes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you haven't met Jim Mozzell @ Mozzell Guitar Repair, ( same building as Axe Music), take your Les Paul to him, amazing set ups as well as checking for proper nut location and cutting.
Gibson can be pretty haphazard with their nut location which makes it impossible to tune and intonate. Jim can go a very long way in fixing this.
I highly recommend letting him have a look.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
voxworld said:
If you haven't met Jim Mozzell @ Mozzell Guitar Repair, ( same building as Axe Music), take your Les Paul to him, amazing set ups as well as checking for proper nut location and cutting.
Gibson can be pretty haphazard with their nut location which makes it impossible to tune and intonate. Jim can go a very long way in fixing this.
I highly recommend letting him have a look.
Jimbo would love to have your guitar back in.

Get a bone nut installed. Bone is harder and less induced to grab. You can get him to Buzz Feiten it as well. Flip that G saddle around as well if you haven't. There are all kind of options.

We can't have you going to the dark side with that singlecut. :mad: :tongue:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CalgaryTerry said:
I'll be there yelling for Free Bird. :rockon2:

:tongue:
"Play it pretty for Atlanta......"

Also working on "Reign in Blood" for all of the "SLAYER!!!!!"'s

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
What time do you start tomorrow night? 930 or so?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts