The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Are you a Calgarian? Yeeeehaw!? lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I want to see just how many Calgarians are on this forum. From what I have observed, there are a lot of them, and I wonder sometimes exactly how many are there. I am one, and I love this city :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
mandocaster said:
Sure plenty of music here, thassa fo sho.

:food-smiley-004:

"Mandocaster"...hmm. "Mandolin"?

Wonder if you know my good friend Randal Hill...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wild Bill said:
"Mandocaster"...hmm. "Mandolin"?

Wonder if you know my good friend Randal Hill...
Randall a.k.a. Randy Hill? Jeez, jog my aging memory...played in some Ontario band years ago? I think I met him when our BG band toured thru there in 1980 or so. Smokin' player, if I recall.

Mandolin Indeed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Calgary

My home town! My kinda place! People are wonderful! I love this City!
:smilie_flagge17:

·
Premium Member
13,055 Posts
A who/what/when/where :confused-smiley-010 :confused-smiley-010 :confused-smiley-010

·
Premium Member
8,617 Posts
calgary: where 10 over the speed limit just isn't good enough for you people!!!:tongue:
Too true. I spend 3-5 days a month down there on business. Do I get an honorary membership? I suppose I don't deserve one yet, I still get lost in Calgary worst than any place I've ever been. I usually have a great sense of direction, and can go someplace once and find it 5 years later without directions. This is not true of my experience there, what a wierd setup y'all have. Barlow Trail is a major route with a major break right in the middle of it?? good idea.9kkhhd

I like the people though :wave:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
don't feel bad, I can get lost here too. I've only been here since '76 though.

Google Maps on your cell phone were invented for a city like Calgary.

·
Registered
611 Posts
calgary: pay huge $$$$ to park downtown.

or take the train. fine. if you can get to a station in a decent time with the bus feeders.

or pay extra $$ on top of your transit pass to take an "express" bus downtown since the bus feeders to the train suck. plus it only adds 60+ minutes to your daily commute which is already at 2 hours or so. and it's a frickin' sardine can.

or drive to the train. at least you can park for free since they just bumped up the transit pass cost. oh wait. now you have to pay for that too.

:sport-smiley-002:

gotta pay for council's pay hike somehow.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
and don't forget we have to pay for Bronconnier's $25 Million facelift of a bridge.

sigh.

Downtown? you go downtown?

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
Well, we do have a Calgary social group here...

That would answer some questions.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
calgary: pay huge $$$$ to park downtown.

or take the train. fine. if you can get to a station in a decent time with the bus feeders.

or pay extra $$ on top of your transit pass to take an "express" bus downtown since the bus feeders to the train suck. plus it only adds 60+ minutes to your daily commute which is already at 2 hours or so. and it's a frickin' sardine can.

or drive to the train. at least you can park for free since they just bumped up the transit pass cost. oh wait. now you have to pay for that too.

:sport-smiley-002:

gotta pay for council's pay hike somehow.
You forgot an option - http://bikecalgary.org/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts