The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
I've recently found a great deal on a mesa/boogie dual rectifier head. But I have a dillemma: I don't what to do for a cab. Can anyone give me some info about cabs, because i find the mesa cabs a little too "heavy-metal". I play skacore, mostly, so i need to be able to pump out a variety of sounds, from sweet reggae cleans, to classic rock overdrives, to "hard" punk/metal distortions. I know the head is capable of doing all this, but what cab will suit me best?

thx

If you want a sample of the stuff I'm playing check out my band here (the recordings are shitty, simply because the budget for our ep was $60, and we did everything ourselves, but it still gives you a picture of what i want):
www.myspace.com/buttmuffins

Peace&Love
Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I got a cab from EarCandy Cabinets a few months ago and have been pretty happy with it. They may have something that would work for you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Scottone said:
I got a cab from EarCandy Cabinets a few months ago and have been pretty happy with it. They may have something that would work for you.
How much was it to ship across the border? Were you taxed by customs?

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
bucky said:
How much was it to ship across the border? Were you taxed by customs?
I seem to have misplaced the receipt. I don't recall that the shipping costs were that bad, but I certainly would have been charged the 15% taxes.

Give Tim at Earcandy a call...he could certainly give you a shipping quote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts