The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Its kind of a light hearted, silly question but do you bring your own pick whenever you go visit the guitar store? Whether I'm there for random knick knacks or something specific I always make a stop by the instruments and never think to bring one ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
12,209 Posts
Nah. If I forget one, I just go over to the box of heavys and grab one - put it back when I'm done. If I spend over $3k, they usually throw the pick in.

Reactions: NoEncores

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
One of the advantages of getting a few cutout picks done is that they are, by definition, the thickness of a credit card and fit naturally into a wallet. That’s what I do now, always with me (if I remember it’s there).

I am sure another solution that someone will propose is to switch to fingers — it’s “better” anyways :).

·
Premium Member
17,167 Posts
I always have picks in my wallet.

Reactions: zontar

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,192 Posts
For some reason I thought this was a discussion about bringing your own pot :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I spend so much time and money at Long & McQuade they keep one of my picks warmed up and ready for me in a special vault.

Kidding aside, I got a freebee pick holder keychain from D'Addario a few years ago and there are 2 or 3 in there at all times.

Reactions: NoEncores

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I discovered Dava picks a few years ago and am a semi-snobbish pick elitist now, so I always have one with me. ;-)

I like the Jazz/Gel models.

Dava Guitar Picks - Jazz Grips

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
One of the advantages of getting a few cutout picks done is that they are, by definition, the thickness of a credit card and fit naturally into a wallet. That’s what I do now, always with me (if I remember it’s there).

I am sure another solution that someone will propose is to switch to fingers — it’s “better” anyways :).
I have one of those. Got it for Xmas a few years ago. Good for putting expired credit cards, points cards, etc. to some use. Though I still mostly used Jazz III XL reds .

·
Premium Member
995 Posts

That is kind of cool actually. You could cut it out so the name etc. provided some grip.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts