The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Wow, how do you do that? Very impressive.

How hard is it playing this on the narrow neck of the Strat compared to that of a classical guitar?

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
That was superb. Bach being my favorite composer I must say that I believe he would have been impressed. Especially since you play many of the multi string parts only with the pick. Have you tried playing it in different pick up positions? If I had to guess I would say it's in the fourth position.

I was hoping to see the v-pick I sent you! One of the areas that the v-pick might give a different tone would be on the shoulder as the contact point. Also I believe there would be less of a strong attack on the string causing a rounder sound. This would also be due to the fact that you can hold your pick more lightly and still not have it move. Of course this is just a friendly conversation. At the end of the day you're playing is not only articulate and clean but also obviously very well studied and well earned. I commend you for your dedication

These are you arrangements? You ever think of arranging any other pieces and playing them in multi track two or three voiced? Im a huge fan of the preludes and fugues. Also because they're in all 12 keys both major and minor.

I also think Bach would've loved tube Amplifers. Lol. .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, how do you do that? Very impressive.

How hard is it playing this on the narrow neck of the Strat compared to that of a classical guitar?
Thanks StratCat, glad you enjoyed it. Oddly enough I don't find it any harder to play on the smaller neck. Perhaps it's because I have small fingers? In some ways it helps because the notes are closer together for the right hand. I can play the same piece a little quicker on the electric than with my classical but in fairness I've been a flatpicker almost 4 times as long as a classical player. Getting' old. :)

That was superb. Bach being my favorite composer I must say that I believe he would have been impressed. Especially since you play many of the multi string parts only with the pick. Have you tried playing it in different pick up positions? If I had to guess I would say it's in the fourth position.

I was hoping to see the v-pick I sent you! One of the areas that the v-pick might give a different tone would be on the shoulder as the contact point. Also I believe there would be less of a strong attack on the string causing a rounder sound. This would also be due to the fact that you can hold your pick more lightly and still not have it move. Of course this is just a friendly conversation. At the end of the day you're playing is not only articulate and clean but also obviously very well studied and well earned. I commend you for your dedication

These are you arrangements? You ever think of arranging any other pieces and playing them in multi track two or three voiced? Im a huge fan of the preludes and fugues. Also because they're in all 12 keys both major and minor.

I also think Bach would've loved tube Amplifers. Lol. .
Thanks Sean. I didn't record this with the V-pick because I'd already worked really hard on learning it with my usual pick and didn't want to mess with any of the muscle memory. I definitely plan on recording my next piece with the v-pick. It's all I've used since recording Presto. I'm really liking how it glides through the strings. I'm thinking the next piece is not going to be Bach though but it was inspired by and written for him. Hint,Hint.
I have recorded some Well-tempered Clavier pieces on my Classical that are on my Youtube page, some as solo and some as duets. Both books are incredible and I totally agree with you, Bach is the master....:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts