The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Just heard and not a fan either. Too full of himself for my likes.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
RIP !
Another page turned...

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Just heard and not a fan either. Too full of himself for my likes.
Then why even post in an In Memoriam thread? Next time if you don't wish to offer condolences then keep your opinions to yourself in a thread like this. Talking trash in a thread like this is just plain disrespectful.

For myself, I grew up watching him. Some of his movies I still love. As he grew older he showed he was more than a one trick pony in movies like Boogie Nights.

I'll have to watch a little Burt tonight.

·
Premium Member
26,637 Posts
Burt was always fun, and never took himself too seriously. You have to like that. And though he didn't have a terribly high profile in recent years, he WAS busy, right to the end.
His filmography. Burt Reynolds - IMDb

I always found his relationship with Dinah Shore interesting, and always enjoyed Norm MacDonald's imitation of him whenever SNL would have their Celebrity Jeopardy parody. Norm really captured the "screw-it" side of Reynolds that was so endearing. I had plum forgotten that he was married to Judy Carne, the sock-it-to-me girl on Laugh-In for two years.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
A self proclaimed "Professional Show Off". I always thought he was funnier than hell....and that laugh...a classic. I will remember him fondly.

·
Administrator
17,302 Posts
One of my favourite lines of his was said to Clint Eastwood when they both failed to get a part. Reynolds because he couldn't act, and Eastwood because of his prominent Adams apple :)

Reynolds said to him "well at least I can learn to act" LOL.

RIP, he was always fun to watch.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Then why even post in an In Memoriam thread? Next time if you don't wish to offer condolences then keep your opinions to yourself in a thread like this. Talking trash in a thread like this is just plain disrespectful.

For myself, I grew up watching him. Some of his movies I still love. As he grew older he showed he was more than a one trick pony in movies like Boogie Nights.

I'll have to watch a little Burt tonight.
So why didn’t you mention Butterknucket’s contribution? It’S my opinion and frankly I am entitled to say what I want!! it’s a forum on the www.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I for one, liked Burt Reynolds.

As a car guy at heart and being born in the early 70's he was kind of a big deal.
His role as Jack Horner in Boogie Nights was totally out of character for him but he aced it.

RIP Bandit.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts