The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get some info on this. I have a potential trade in the works, and this would be nice to have until my Dano is done.

Supposed to be 80s MIJ. I'm not familiar with the logo. I know some have no serial number.

Any info?
Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 11.44.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 11.45.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 11.45.03 AM.png

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Did you sell your Monty, or are you looking for a second guitar? Not sure about that Burny as far as year -- got any full body shots? They're generally pretty high quality instruments.

W.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you sell your Monty, or are you looking for a second guitar? Not sure about that Burny as far as year -- got any full body shots? They're generally pretty high quality instruments.

W.
Monty is a keeper. Traded the Burtone Tele for the Headstrong amp. I'm down to one. It is in dire need of a set-up.

Here's the full front. New SS frets and grover tuners.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 12.21.08 PM.png

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So far, I suspect this is a Burny RLC-55. The only thing I don't understand is the heel carve is different.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
My first impression is that it is a newer Chinese model. I never saw that logo before. Can you get a pic of the pots? Most mij will have full sized pots.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first impression is that it is a newer Chinese model. I never saw that logo before. Can you get a pic of the pots? Most mij will have full sized pots.
I just found out the pots have been swapped as well as the pick-ups, frets, etc. I may be swapping a pedal for it, so it'll still be worth it if it plays nice.

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
Take an hour to learn, then do your own setups in 10 minutes. You're a very smart guy, have the tools. It's a Zen thing doing setups, I think you'd like it.

Gonna guess the post that popped in above me says Chinois.

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
I just found out the pots have been swapped as well as the pick-ups, frets, etc. I may be swapping a pedal for it, so it'll still be worth it if it plays nice.
If it’s to YOUR interest (ie: good trade/resale) and you don’t use the pedal, I say do it.
Do you get a good chance to look at it at the swap or is it a Canada post thing?

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take an hour to learn, then do your own setups in 10 minutes. You're a very smart guy, have the tools. It's a Zen thing doing setups, I think you'd like it.

Gonna guess the post that popped in above me says Chinois.
Ha, I just ordered an e-book for setting up electric guitars. I also just grabbed a measurement tool and a truss rod wrench.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it’s to YOUR interest (ie: good trade/resale) and you don’t use the pedal, I say do it.
Do you get a good chance to look at it at the swap or is it a Canada post thing?
The guy wants two eventides. The space and the timefactor.

I'm thinking just the space, or the pitchfactor and timefactor.

I will see the guitar in person.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I really don't think that is MIJ.
Check with the guys at MLP.
Actually, it might be. I just read that 2 screws on the TRC is usually MIJ, 3 is MIK/MIC.

Fernandes is still a MIJ company but largely imports from China. Again, I suggest posting at MLP Or maybe even the Tokai forum. (If MIJ is important to you)

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, it might be. I just read that 2 screws on the TRC is usually MIJ, 3 is MIK/MIC.

Fernandes is still a MIJ company but largely imports from China. Again, I suggest posting at MLP Or maybe even the Tokai forum. (If MIJ is important to you)
Unfortunately, I can't remember my account at MLP.

I could ask him to remove the truss cover and take a photo. If there's an extra hole in there, it'll likely be MIC. It's just that the new ones don't seem to have that heel carve. Around the time this couldn't been built, it could've been a custom order, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
I sent a request to be their friend, so i can post or see posts.
Here's an answer that I got from one of the gurus there -

" At best we’d place it around 2000-2001 and Chinese, but there are too few photos and too many upgrades/changes already.
The current seller didn’t send any extra photos (or did you get some, Rikard?). Seems “home improved”, but the inlay is possibly the worst job I’ve ever seen on a Burny.
Never seen the logo cut as bad as that. It’s also rather small and the guitar is kind of a mix between a Standard and a Custom.
Weird. Of course - never say never when it comes to Japanese brands, but this thing reeks of some monkey business..."

1 - 20 of 36 Posts