The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just added the La Cabronita to the mix. I had been looking for a reasonable deal on one for a couple of years.

I went years without getting new gear, but with the band playing more again I have been treating myself. The Reverend is one of the first generation ones and I have owned it for a long time. The Electromatic and the La Cabronita are both new (used) purchases though.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
very nice. everything stock?
Nothing has been upgraded on any of these by me. Back when I bought my Reverend, Les Trems were an option on them.

BUT, I had no idea buying that Gretsch that the previous owner had installed that Bigsby. That's a Bigsby with a special roller package that comes from a company in the states Towner - TOWNER Retrofit Systems for BIGSBY Vibrato Tailpieces), not one of the licensed ones that comes on the Electromatics generally. So that was just luck.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All are great, but that Reverend is a thing of beauty. Very envious.
Back when I got this, they built them chambered with a spruce top, similar to a Duo Jet. I have owned one of the Flatroc's made from solid Korina, and I notice a huge difference in sound with this one. I loved how the other one looked (it was an Anniversary model), but it didn't touch this one tone wise. The les Trems were an option on them back then as well, which I prefer to a Bigsby personally.

My only Rev regret is back before they went up in price, a Flatroc from the same year as mine in cream was for sale on Kijiji forever for about $400. I wish I had jumped on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts