The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell us what your ultimate rig would be. Im having trouble with mine when it comes to heads but its either the Randall RM 100, 6505+ or Triple Rectifier. For cabs I would take the Randall RS125XL upside down with a 15" speaker on top and two 12" speakers under it. Under that cab would be maybe that 4X10 Marshall cab that everyone drools over. That way I would get every range covered and it would be great. Of course that would only be for stuff without a PA. Id take the RS412XLT for my main cab for live use (if I ever get that good). I would have a massive graphic EQ in the rack for tweaking the sound just so, maybe the Mesa tube rackmount for some fun. Before the amp, Id have a Zoom G9.2TT for its fun features and effects. For guitar it would have to be an Ibanez RGA 321F with an Air Norton and Tone Zone for pickups. For a strap, I want one of those neat stretchy ones. That's about all I can think of for now.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
SinCron said:
Tell us what your ultimate rig would be. Im having trouble with mine when it comes to heads but its either the Randall RM 100, 6505+ or Triple Rectifier. For cabs I would take the Randall RS125XL upside down with a 15" speaker on top and two 12" speakers under it. Under that cab would be maybe that 4X10 Marshall cab that everyone drools over. That way I would get every range covered and it would be great. Of course that would only be for stuff without a PA. Id take the RS412XLT for my main cab for live use (if I ever get that good). I would have a massive graphic EQ in the rack for tweaking the sound just so, maybe the Mesa tube rackmount for some fun. Before the amp, Id have a Zoom G9.2TT for its fun features and effects. For guitar it would have to be an Ibanez RGA 321F with an Air Norton and Tone Zone for pickups. For a strap, I want one of those neat stretchy ones. That's about all I can think of for now.
Ultimate rig? Come on there is much more expensive stuff out there. Visit http://www.thegearpage.net/board/http://www.thegearpage.net it will get you pointed in the right direction. :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't know enough about amps and cabs and high-end guitars to build my ultimate rig. :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
guitars:
godin SD
godin LG hmb
PRS swamp ash special
fender telecaster

pedals:
RMC wizard wah
digitech whammy
pro-co rat
MXR phase 90
boss DD-20

amps:
traynor YCV40 x2 (one backup, internal speakers not plugged in)
2x mesa 2x12 3/4 back 2x12 cabs (one backup)

this is what i see my final rig being, at least until i can find a 50 watt head that sounds like my traynor. for better or for worse, it is my sound.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Ultimate Rig: (I'm talking the real stuff not reissues) :rockon2:
1959 Les Paul
1959 ES-335
1965 Strat
1965 Twin Reverb for clean
Late 60's Plexi head and cab for gain
Klon Centaur

All said and done someones needs to lend me $450,000.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Gee...

Guitars:
Godin LG
Gibson SG standard
Gibson LP standard
Fender Strat
Gibson ES-335
Taylor 610CE

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (or Mark IV... I don't know... this is a little out of my current price range ;))
2 Mesa 4x12 closed-back cabs
Peavey Classic 30 or an alternative small tube amp (so I don't get skewered by my neighbours...)

Pedals:
Digital Delay
Tuner

And maybe a simple bass rig... Fender P-bass w/ Ampeg amp.

That is actually the list of what I want... Just one of everything... lol.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
I can't do this without getting terribly unrealistic, and depressed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
here's my ideal bass rig:
fender p-bass & jazz bass (inca silver w/ black pickguards and duncan basslines)

line 6 bass pod XT live

mesa boogie walkabout scout w/ yorkville 4x10 bass cab

it's basically ben kenney's bass rig with a yorkville bass cab, which i like more than ampegs.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I'd build my own...

A 4-1000 tube! In cathode bias Class A!

This tube was developed for radio transmitter service but would work fine for audio. It would put out maybe 900-1000 watts!

Plug an ES-135 into it and break a few apartment leases...

---Wild Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Personally I think my ultimate rig would have to be an MG series Marshall amp with a few Digitech's and an ESP Baritone with EMG 81's neck and bridge.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
1. a bunch of teles and strats designed specifically to meet my needs.

2. ts electronics g system.

3. bogner (or other boutique builder) stack designed specifically for me.

-dh

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm on my way, just missing a few things...A les Paul R8 or R9, a tele, a plexi and a fender amp for cleans. :DevilGuitar:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Guitars - My EBMM EVH guitar, and a couple of custom made jobs with the exact same neck as it.

Pedals - Geesh. Uh, a wah (probably a Budda), a boost (something with a little hair to add), and a Phaser (I like it with my lead tone)

Amp - Probably some kind of hand-wired, EL-34/KT-77 50 watter with a PPIMV through a 2x12 (or 4x12 if someone else is hauling it to gigs) with Greenbacks (Although I'm loving my Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB through my Avatar 2x12 with V30/H30. It sounds nice).

I think I'd like that enough.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts