The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would it be? What are the details. Here's mine

Id start with a neck through body guitar. Wizard thin neck but with a fretboard thets a tad wider. Probably 27"-28". I like the baritone scale and Im a rythm player. String through tune-o-matic bridge. 3 humbuckers and the ability to select any two rails or split for a single coil sound. 24 frets is a must. All hardware will be of a pewter colour because pewter just kicks ass.

The body itself would have a curve facing towards me and a blade like cruve at the other end. A V style bottom thats more jagged like lightning. The headstock would also be shaped like a lightning bolt. The body job would be electricity. Like a lightning storm. Have bolts coming down the neck from the headstock and exploding at the pickups. Also Id have custom nobs that would light up when I turn them. The further I turn them on, the more they light up without messing with the sound. The nobs themselves will be the transperant Les Paul style.

To be honest, I dont know what pickups Id have but I know Id have a tone zone. I'll figure out the realistic plans later on and order the body wood and build it myself even later on. Basicly, best guitar on the planet! For me anyway.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine would be a '59 Les Paul replica using 100+ year old mahogany and maple with carbon reinforcements in the headsock area and modern hardware of the best quality, plus some WRC pups. Hand rubed finish, braz or cocobolo fingerboard...jumbo SS frets, maple binding.....:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I wish I even knew..I don't understand the tonality differences in wood and stuff.
But I'd go with a wizard neck and dimarzio pickups...the sad thing is that my "dream" guitar would be a generic off the shelf high-end ibanez.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
It's already been built:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can't say any guitar will be perfect for me, but I saw this Carvin on e-bay today that is to die for.

http://tinyurl.com/l5oq2

Jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
Probably my Godin with a pickup upgrade (JB/2 lace sensors. No clue which laces, but the best sounding guitar I've ever played had a JB and two lace sensors) and some cool transparent finishes on flame maple. And possibly a re-sculpting of the neck heel

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice neck with binding on it. Wizard or Tele but just a hair wider.
I haven't played one yet but it sounds like a good idea to have a Buzz Feiten system on it.
I also like what I've heard about the JB bridge / Jazz neck combination of humbucking pickups so I guess I should ask for them.
I'm not so concerned about neck thru body as I've remade some bodies in the past and I'd want that option. However the neck joint has to be very good and I'd stay away from any neck tilt system.
The bridge should have very good adjustment and the strings should be thru body. I'm no longer impressed with the whammy bar so I don't think I'd miss it.
I have never had a floyd rose system with a locking nut so maybe I'm wrong on this one.
I'd like the dots on the side of the neck to be led's that I could turn on when I wanted to.
And headless, like the steinberger, that would be good.
I've always liked the feel of an ebony fretboard.
I don't want it to look like crap but as long as it is shaped like a strat or les paul or steinberger it would be fine. I have an explorer style guitar and it is a bugger to set down because it always falls over and the stand doesn't hold it.
I like pewter, black or chrome just not gold fittings.
I like lightish strings, 10's
I'd like the pickups mounted hard to the body, not on the spring and screw things that hang off the pickup rings. I screwed the pickup right onto the body of one of my 'experimental platforms' and it sounds very very good.
I'd like 3 to a side tuning pegs like a PRS headstock if it wasn't headless.
A hardshell fitted case too. I'm fed up with gig bags.

Well that's a start...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like you. You have good taste. I have a wizard neck and I only want it to be wider so I can move the strings around a bit more.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
sysexguy said:
does it go to eleven? (That was built for Nigel yes?)

Andy

Yes it was. Apparently there were 25 made by Ernie Ball MusicMan. I love the cord positions engraved on the neck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well, my guitars body would look a bit like this, with a different set of pickups -
-7 Strings
- Floyd Rose
- Shark fin inlays
- Dean style head. But a small one, not too huge like the ones Ive seen.
- Either a red and black checkered paint job, or 5150 stlye :D
- Im not exactly sure what else I have to say about it..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts