The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I like the Coiled cables as y’all have heard. So what can I use as a buffer?

Here are my ideas :

Black cat mini trem
Flashback tc delay
Stutte box trem

Problem is they’re not on all the time. Except the tc has an internal button.

Thoughts?

P

·
0 Posts
so I like the Coiled cables as y’all have heard. So what can I use as a buffer?

Here are my ideas :

Black cat mini trem
Flashback tc delay
Stutte box trem

Problem is they’re not on all the time. Except the tc has an internal button.

Thoughts?
Boss pedals are buffered. Strymon Timeline will be buffered if it has the trails setting on.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
PC PolyTune 3 has an excellent buffer that can be switched on and off via an internal dip switch.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The internet unofficially rebranded them PC Electronics ever since the Steel Panther fiasco...lol.

·
Registered
24,718 Posts
Just one point for clarification: is your like for curly/coiled cables because of what the cable capacitance does for your tone, or simply because they are physically convenient?

I ask because, if your preferred tone depends on the interaction between your guitar, curly cable, and some particular pedal, then the location of any buffering in your signal path will be important. And where it is may determine in what form it makes itself available or needs to be made available.

So, if your like for curly cables is simply because of the physical convenience of having something that can be long when needed but isn't draped all over the place, and you merely put up with the cable capacitance as a necessary evil and the price of the physical convenience, then this thing - FET Preamp Cable - is your ideal solution.

In contrast, if you like the curly cable because of the way it tames your single-coil pickups when feeding a germanium fuzz that's first on your pedalboard, then you'll want it to be followed by either a buffer pedal or something like a Boss pedal that has an always-on input-buffer, so that you get the benefit of buffering for the rest of your signal path, but don't forfeit the synergy between that fuzz and the cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts