The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a Yamaki Buffalo Head. On a forum i noticed an ad for these,some with the logo across the top, whereas the one I have the logo is black & vertical. Also the one on the poster says is made of solid rosewood back and sides with spruce top. Thing is the particular model has the same number AY333W
This particular guitar was imported into Canada by the great west Import company in Vancouver.
Mine has spruce top but to be honest, i am not sure if the body is Rosewood?
Can anyone enlighten me further on this ? How do I add photo here/

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that one is the same. The one I have has a bit of a haze on it,only on the sides. I maybe try some lemon oil on it

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I'll tell you what if you can buy that for a $350.00 I would be all over it. These almost all of the Buffalo's were solid woods and only a few had laminate tops. A great instrument that is under appreciated by lots of folks who don't know these instruments very well I even know who the dealer was out here on the Westcoast

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have bought it. It has a haze. Not sure what caused that Virtuoso cleaner would clear that up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One like it, there was one here in Alberta. I have played it a few times now. Awesome tone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll tell you what if you can buy that for a $350.00 I would be all over it. These almost all of the Buffalo's were solid woods and only a few had laminate tops. A great instrument that is under appreciated by lots of folks who don't know these instruments very well I even know who the dealer was out here on the Westcoast
Is the neck Also made of Rosewood? My Bro has a Deluxe he purchased in the mid 70's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts