The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Les Paul, Tele, Strat, SG, Gretsch
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The body and neck are from The Olivewood Guitar Co. in Whitechurch/Stouffville . Together under $300. The body is 2 piece Alder with a satin nitro finish. The neck has a rosewood fretboard and skunk stripe with abalone dot inlays and a two way truss rod. Tuners and bridge are Wilkinson. Pickups are Fender Tex Mex. Pickguard and control plate are MusicLily. Switchcraft 3 way and jack. CTS pots with pullback wiring and knobs are from Next Gen in Ottawa.

Total weight is just over 9 lbs and it sustains forever. I will post a build gallery when I figure it out.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument

Musical instrument String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
Telecaster / 339
844 Posts
Interesting.
How did you get in touch with Olivewood? FB page is 8 years old, website is no more.
How's the quality?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
**** had an ad on Kijiji for necks and bodies. They come up from time to time. I don't know if I can post his cell # on this forum or I would.

The quality is great. The neck is gorgeous. Real craftmanship. The body is two piece and solid. It is undrilled which has it's advantages.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you do an Ontario search on Kijiji for 'Quality Guitar Neck' his ad in Mississauga should be there.

·
Registered
Telecaster / 339
844 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much SWLABR. It was a lot of fun and a good challenge. The end result was definitely worth the trials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts