The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, check this out...buddy guy in mississauga!!

http://www.southsideshuffle.com/

saw the polka dot gtr & thought...no fuggin way....but yes, it's the real deal :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw Buddy Guy backstage & up close in 2004 at the Calgary Blues & Roots Festival. He put on a great show and personally, he was a nice and real genuine guy! Sorry about that, the devil made me do it!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw Buddy Guy backstage & up close in 2003 at the Calgary Blues & Roots Festival. He put on a great show and personally, he was a nice and real genuine guy! (Sorry about that, the devil made me do it!)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one bad joke, I can let it slide...but two in a row??

:sport-smiley-002:

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
Saw him in '73 at the Colonial, what in now the Hard Rock Cafe I believe. BLOODY HELL. Killer Show !!!

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...saw him perform in chicago, twice, back in the early 90s.

unbelievable. i thought my eyes and ears were playing tricks on me. pure voodoo.

-dh

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bad Luck Blues

Man I need my luck turned around. I have a frickin wedding to attend in ottawa that weekend.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Saw Buddy Guy at the Commodore in Vancouver - blew me away. Unbelieveable show. Especially for a guy who was pushing 70!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hes the man

Eric Clapton actually said when Buddy Guy is in the zone there aint no better blues guitarist. SRV made his original Mary Had a Little Lamb famous around the world. Alot of these guys like him, BB ,Bo Diddly etc wont be around forever.Definetly worth going to see.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Have any of you seen a young guy being invited on stage by Buddy Guy to finish one of his shows with his polka dot strat about 20 years ago (maybe in Ottawa)? That young man was my cousin.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Alright. Who is the guy????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts